eb playing up yet again 

Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: eb playing up yet again
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

cozza88 wrote:
the pump, filters, and reg was all replaced, the solder in the fuel tank was a new thing thats just occured, i had the tank cleaned when i done the fuel pump, so the solder has obviously come from the servo, and this wouldnt be the first time ive had dirty fuel, i filled the drum for the mower up and there was about 1 cm of what looked like mud and rust in the bottom of the fuel can which was brand new. think i orta go to a different servo from now on.

but if you replaced the pump, and now you have solder gone through it, it still couldve stuffed it

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:24 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
cozza88 wrote:
the pump, filters, and reg was all replaced, the solder in the fuel tank was a new thing thats just occured, i had the tank cleaned when i done the fuel pump, so the solder has obviously come from the servo, and this wouldnt be the first time ive had dirty fuel, i filled the drum for the mower up and there was about 1 cm of what looked like mud and rust in the bottom of the fuel can which was brand new. think i orta go to a different servo from now on.

but if you replaced the pump, and now you have solder gone through it, it still couldve stuffed it

are you using the filter sock on the pump?? this is there to prevent bits of crap being sucked into the pump...

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
bry40l wrote:
cozza88 wrote:

are you using the filter sock on the pump?? this is there to prevent bits of crap being sucked into the pump...

+1. was just about to say that

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

yeah the filter sock is still there

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ef Ghia 1994

QLD, Australia

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the Crank angle sensor but this could be an issue. Also check all ignition wires for cuts that could earth or separate when wires heat up.

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:47 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Ef Ghia XR6 wrote:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned the Crank angle sensor but this could be an issue. Also check all ignition wires for cuts that could earth or separate when wires heat up.

no one has mentioned it because eb's dont have a crank angle sensor..

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
Ef Ghia XR6 wrote:

Give him a break, since he dosnt ever read threads properly and just replys.

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
Ef Ghia XR6 wrote:

Yeah it was a long thread goes way back lol. Sounds like everything has been replaced so far. What i meant was dizzy module. Even though Pakrat has already mentioned this it may have been overlooked. It still could be the ignition wiring harness earthing where it should'nt be or crossing when it heats up (burnt or cut wires). I know this aint the same car the same sort of thing happened to my old mans magna. It was fine when cold but once up to temp spark cut out. He took it to a diagnostic joint and they checked everything and could'nt find a thing wrong with it after having the car nearly a week.They had tried everything (cost $1400) but it turns out it was the wiring harness itself. Might be worth a look if everything else has been looked at.

Also i would be getting it up to working temp and checking voltage at leads as it sounds like spark breaking down when hot. Maybe why it smells like fuel too because it aint burning properly but its still going in eg.(backfire,splutter etc.)

Last edited by Ef Ghia XR6 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

briney wrote:
have you taken the dizzy out and checked its bush ? i've had similar dramas with a worn dizzy. and can you get hold of some heat sink paste ? make sure there's plenty on the back of the module.

Another good point.. and if you still can't fix it after all that has been said on this thread chuck a lit match in the fuel tank. That'll fix it :D

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

It really sounds like its going to be TFI/Dizzy/Coil related. Im sure the dizzys/TFI modules for the Centrepoint are different to the MPFI.....

Highly doubt its anything to do with fuel otherwise it would always run like s**t. Not compression because compression is always worse cold. its going to be spark.

Good luck!

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

me .. think its heat related .. so dizzy/leads .. engine bay sensors ummm .... seeing as it had gas, maybe check wiring where gas wiring was connected? . . . . . but i'm just ranting .. lol

val i had years ago played up when hot [wouldn't start] but started/ran fine when cold .... turned out to be a faulty ballast resister

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

ok thanks guys but i ended up just selling the car onto the nest poor soul, became his problem now.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5