EB Powesteering issue 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EB Powesteering issue
Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:59 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1992 EB Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hi

Got an au engine in my eb with au powersteering pump and I am using my original EB powersteering hose working well for 6 months but now suprise suprise its started leaking from the hp hose fitting on the pump. I put a new o ring in and it was ok for a week and blew out again did the o ring again same deal. Any ideas why it would do this ? Also I read about people replacing the nut on the el/au hp hose does the same apply for the eb hose or are they different ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: EB Powesteering issue
Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

maca_404 wrote:
Hi
Got an au engine in my eb with au powersteering pump and I am using my original EB powersteering hose working well for 6 months but now suprise suprise its started leaking from the hp hose fitting on the pump. I put a new o ring in and it was ok for a week and blew out again did the o ring again same deal. Any ideas why it would do this ? Also I read about people replacing the nut on the el/au hp hose does the same apply for the eb hose or are they different ?
Thanks

EA-ED has a different hose to the later models and you can't replace the but at the end and it isn't critical like EF onwards.
The Oring you are refering to, is it from the Adaptor nut on the back of the pump? Maybe it would be a good idea to replace the hose alltogether? Take it to someone like Pirtek and see if they can offer you a better solution.

Post subject: Re: EB Powesteering issue
Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

maca_404 wrote:
Hi

Thanks

The outlet fitting on the pump shouldn't be done up very tight or the o-ring will be crushed causing leaks. Talking from experience I did up the 3/4in nut? blooody tight and started leaking after a week. Then put another o-ring in and tightened it just using one finger on the spanner. Touch wood it hasn't leaked yet.

Also I have just been using o-rings from those really expensive o-ring kits. Next door neighbour is a diesel fitter, those kits cost like $400 and are like a big tackle box with every different size available.

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]