Fordmods Logo

eb race car stage 2 

Page 5 of 6 [ 76 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AU XR8 220 Series 2

VIC, Australia

I dont know if i should say this? :? but have you ever heard of Jim Mock Motorsport, he can build you a 'race' motor you'll have to pay for it. DEV 5a or a custom race build etc.

Anyway check out his articles might be of interest,

www.jimmockmotorsport.com

EB 1 Fairmont - SOLD
BA XR6 MKII - KIA
AU 2 XR8 220 - Stock - Silhouette, 5spd man.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

commandojones wrote:
I dont know if i should say this? :? but have you ever heard of Jim Mock Motorsport, he can build you a 'race' motor you'll have to pay for it. DEV 5a or a custom race build etc.

Anyway check out his articles might be of interest,

www.jimmockmotorsport.com

yeah if you want to pay through the nose for it, and still have it break chain guides on a weekly basis

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: NEW MACHINE 323i GOES HELL FAST

Power: 169 rwkw

SA, Australia

ebxr82nv wrote:
motors for the saloon cars make around the 200rwkw area, will set you back around 10k but and that's without any electrics to run it

yeah thats alot i have not spent that much $$$$ got all the electronic gizmoS happening, electronic switchs to work the boardband manifold FROM JAYCAR UNICHIP of ebay, standard ford ed ecu (well one thats running rich ) not a problem, engine is running a saloon car cam :twisted:

eb 4.0 falcon & f150 351 & caprice 5.0

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

You can get the 3.7 gears out of cortina diffs hey? For the track make sure its a slipper!

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Thats an interesting point.. would the diff center from a 250 xflow cortina like a TC/TD fit in an e series diff?

Also, what ratios did the old tina's come with?

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

frankieh wrote:
Thats an interesting point.. would the diff center from a 250 xflow cortina like a TC/TD fit in an e series diff?

Also, what ratios did the old tina's come with?

yeah could be onto something there :?

Post subject: Re: eb race car rear brake lights & idle control not working ?
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

done all the hard work to get the eb race car going but the rear brake lights & idle control not working also dash lights not happening i retained & used the auto loom and done a bbm conversion and 5 speed box in iam guessing its in the loom some were??? not sure were to look :oops: please help

Post subject: Re: eb race car
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

What sort of category are you looking to enter this thing into mate??

I can't think of too many organised race categories that don't require a properly engineered roll cage to be fitted?

Or is that going to happen at some stage..... if so, dash out would've been a good time!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Have you upgraded brakes? If not I doubt stock sized brakes will cut it, be prepared to change rotors all the time as they will most likely get warped a lot.

Also that suspension is alright, but I would fork out for some adjustable coilovers or at the least get some springs made up with a harder spring rate.

Get a minispool or full spool.

Pull all trim out and all sound deadening. Make up up something for the front doors but back doors you should just keep bare. Lose the whole a/c set up, probably get rid of the dash too and make up a dash. Buckets with 5 point harness' are a must.

Also get someone who know what they are doing to design your rollcage/any chassis support. Sounds obvious but you can save a lot of weight while still adding a lot more structural rigidity if it is designed well. In the end you can have a poorly designed cage that passes requirements but will weigh 15kg more than a well designed one.

Find out the exact requirements for what class you are competing in.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

philaddis wrote:
What sort of category are you looking to enter this thing into mate??

I can't think of too many organised race categories that don't require a properly engineered roll cage to be fitted?

Or is that going to happen at some stage..... if so, dash out would've been a good time!

ill do hill climbs and improved production class in sth aussie u dont have to run a cage i might put in a half cage running saloon car CSA rims 16 x 8 s

Attachments:
File comment: eb getting there
fordmods.JPG
fordmods.JPG [ 111.51 KiB | Viewed 154 times ]

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

skidder wrote:
Have you upgraded brakes? If not I doubt stock sized brakes will cut it, be prepared to change rotors all the time as they will most likely get warped a lot.

Also that suspension is alright, but I would fork out for some adjustable coilovers or at the least get some springs made up with a harder spring rate.

Get a minispool or full spool.

Pull all trim out and all sound deadening. Make up up something for the front doors but back doors you should just keep bare. Lose the whole a/c set up, probably get rid of the dash too and make up a dash. Buckets with 5 point harness' are a must.

Also get someone who know what they are doing to design your rollcage/any chassis support. Sounds obvious but you can save a lot of weight while still adding a lot more structural rigidity if it is designed well. In the end you can have a poorly designed cage that passes requirements but will weigh 15kg more than a well designed one.

Find out the exact requirements for what class you are competing in.

yeah going to run mini spool picked up one on ebay$80 got some 330 mm brakes mustang slotted rotors with vt 4 spot calipers come as a kit from UPC in melbourne car is putting out 140 rwkw atm have a ported head waiting with commodore valves had it flowed it should get me over 190 rwkw but i dont know about the bottom end if it can handle it ???? practice day soon will take it out see how it goes

Attachments:
File comment: rear veiw
eb 3.JPG
eb 3.JPG [ 251.51 KiB | Viewed 139 times ]

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

is it stock bottom end? It will hold up fine unless you are really serious about it in which case I would definately reconsider a rebuild or atleast get it balanced.....but then while your getting it balanced you might as well rebuild anyway, particularly considering its (I'm guessing) got a few kays on it.

If its street driven but you want the best out of it you want compression around 10:1 so you can still run street fuel (albeit probably only 98 and you will need a good tune). I would get it rebuilt with hyper pistons to suit bore and stock rods and obviously balanced and blueprinted. I have a feeling you can use off the shelf AU pistons (and rods) to get a compression ratio of around 10.2:1, although someone will have to clarify this as the only N/A engine I have built was only required around 9.5:1. With regard to clearances I wouldn't run it too much tighter than stock for this application either.

CNCing the heads would be ideal (but expensive) to make it easier to tune the higher levels of compression.

Is the UPC guys the one that gives a really weird offset (+20 or something?)

Mmm I can't be bothered re reading what I typed as I just finished work, so if something doesn't sound right I probs have made a silly error.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

I wish you the best of luck, honestly, but isn't 190 rwkw a little bit ambitious with a NA six cylinder with nothing but a port and valves etc??

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

philaddis wrote:
I wish you the best of luck, honestly, but isn't 190 rwkw a little bit ambitious with a NA six cylinder with nothing but a port and valves etc??

running a uni chip and chip touque computer piggy backs, wade cam ,el bbm, k n pod filter, & k&n fuel filter, fuel star fuel mangement ,will run on e85 fuel thru BA xr6 turbo injectors, straight though zorst no cat, pacemaaker 3/2/1 headers , the head cost over $2500 with holden weighted valves and heavy springs ,and top class porting its also flow tested the head guy reckon it the best he s ever done, to look at it looks awesome :evil:

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

a1drake wrote:
philaddis wrote:

running a uni chip and chip touque computer piggy backs, wade cam ,el bbm, k n pod filter, & k&n fuel filter, fuel star fuel mangement ,will run on e85 fuel thru BA xr6 turbo injectors, straight though zorst no cat, pacemaaker 3/2/1 headers , the head cost over $2500 with holden weighted valves and heavy springs ,and top class porting its also flow tested the head guy reckon it the best he s ever done, to look at it looks awesome :evil:

Sounds good, but I think anything over 150-160 (max on stock bottom end) is a bit optimistic. An increase in compression to atleast 9.5:1 would be good.

EVL098 wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next