EB surge at idle 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EB surge at idle
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB 91 now with mpfi

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys
Have an EB1 centrepoint 3.9 that has a small starting issue (kicks over a bit longer and slowly chugs up to idle)and soft surge at idle.Prior to this I just had poor fluctuating idle. I have gradually replaced a few sensors(MAP, TPS, Coolant and Air intake temp) and cleared all the error codes from ecu. It started after I stripped down the throttle body and cleaned it out, however I cant see what I could have C**k up on a centrepoint. I feels as though there is too much fuel on start.( Leaking injector?) I have read also that an alternator on its way out can cause a few issues, mine has to be revved a bit to get it charging. I did take out and clean the diaphragm on the fuel return line of the throttle body ( what is this for?). Could surging also be a signal that the fuel pump is about stuffed and it was coincedence it occurred after i stripped the throttle body?
Its a bit long winded an explanation but i wanted to give as much info as possible. Any thoughts appreciated

Post subject: Re: EB surge at idle
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:16 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98 EL GLI

SA, Australia

Sounds a bit like the o rings that seal the injectors to the housing are leaking. Did you remove the injectors when you cleaned out the throttle body? I found that if the injectors are removed they do tend to leak after. If they are be sure to use the proper o rings too

Post subject: Re: EB surge at idle
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB 91 now with mpfi

VIC, Australia

exactly what the problem was mate, thanks for your suggestion. replaced bottom orings which were a bit cardboardy and presto, nice idle and surging gone. Best 16 bucks i ever spent. Pretty hard to find this item also, only a couple left in town(excluding Fraud spare parts)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]