Fordmods Logo

eb wont turn over really need help badly 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: eb wont turn over really need help badly
Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford fairmont eb

QLD, Australia

hi all i brought my first ford the other day it is a 93 eb fairmont the big end was gone in it so i sorced another car for the heart transplant which was a 88 ea with a worked moter and a 5 speed which was even better now the worked moter had a broken intake so i used the one from the eb.
i followed the manual conversion thread on here and got it all done except i had the proper manual peddel box and the eb also had a leaking heater unit so i pulled the whole dash out and did both together but now the car is back together it wont turn over.
so far i have tried to reset the smartlock with no results changed back to the auto wire harness and still nothing all i get on the dash is the smartlock light staying on and the brake fail light and the smart lock clicks, i have checked all the fuses and relays plus the fuseable links with nothing.
so if anyone could help with what it might be i would be very gratefull as i am now at a complete loss.thanks

Post subject: Re: eb wont turn over really need help badly
Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Have you grounded the starter relay near the battery so the car thinks it is in park or neutral?
If not it wont turn over.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:18 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Did you check the starter was working before you installed it? does the fuel pump prime when you put the car on reds?

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

i know the starter works as it was a new reco one and when you go from the power wire to the little push on terminal it will wind over fine.
and the car was running before i swapped motors and boxs and the new motor goes as i drove it home i would have used that one except it had more rust in it than good steel

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

considering you had the whole dash out there are a few things that can go wrong..

check that the small plug from the ignition barrel is plugged in, this is connected to the smartlock system...

Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

ok a update on my problems, after using your ideas and thinking about it i was not real gentle pulling the dash out and as it was cracked and damaged i brought a whole new dash from a ed fairmont from the wreckers which had the bem and smart lock in it and a xh manual computer,bolted that in and tried to get it to learn the key.
after a hour of nothing and no smartlock light for the s**ts and giggles i tried the key anyway and it wound over but had no spark, i then changed back to the eb auto computer and it ran perfectly except for maybe alittle down on power.
i could drive the car around and start and stop it at will then all of a sudden it lost spark again at the coil, since then i have again checked all fuses relays changed the coil to a new on and replaced all leads the only thing i havent changed is the module on the dizzy.
ever since i put the new dash in though the smart lock light has not worked and i can change it to different ones and it still wont work or learn the keyless entry buttons.
so anymore ideas would be great as i am just about ready to sell it and go back to a commodore as i never had this type of issues with them

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]