Fordmods Logo

ED 4.0L - Idling Issues Solved (for the time being) 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: ED 4.0L - Idling Issues Solved (for the time being)
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

clevo400 wrote:
Look Kerry - You're the one with an attitude and there are plenty of posts to prove your "Like me or not" attitude - I don't need a 21 year old mechanic to tell me to follow correct diagnosis procedures or buy a Gregorys - Gee, I have about 23 years of reading and been fixing and selling cars from XD/TE to EL - I have stated in the original post "I cleaned ISC and Throttle Body to some success and checked vaccuum lines and MAP sensor" - How about you boys read the initial post and my diagnosis procedures and not just pick up on one line cos you'se think its not politically correct - Next you'll be telling me Allan Moffat is not a Tru Blu Ford driver cos he's Canadian !!!

Impressive reading............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cleaning an ISC and checking a MAP sensor (with out a multimeter?) then 'cleaning' an O2 sensor in petrol is not any sort of diagnostics.
It's called being a back yard hack.

I would have thought you might have learned something by reading the genuine manuals, but even they are of little help if you lack the basic understanding proper diagnostics.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
clevo400 wrote:
Look Kerry - You're the one with an attitude and there are plenty of posts to prove your "Like me or not" attitude - I don't need a 21 year old mechanic to tell me to follow correct diagnosis procedures or buy a Gregorys - Gee, I have about 23 years of reading and been fixing and selling cars from XD/TE to EL - I have stated in the original post "I cleaned ISC and Throttle Body to some success and checked vaccuum lines and MAP sensor" - How about you boys read the initial post and my diagnosis procedures and not just pick up on one line cos you'se think its not politically correct - Next you'll be telling me Allan Moffat is not a Tru Blu Ford driver cos he's Canadian !!!

Impressive reading............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cleaning an ISC and checking a MAP sensor (with out a multimeter?) then 'cleaning' an O2 sensor in petrol is not any sort of diagnostics.
It's called being a back yard hack.

I would have thought you might have learned something by reading the genuine manuals, but even they are of little help if you lack the basic understanding proper diagnostics.

He will need some water....for that burn.

I think he gets it and i will, and we should, withdraw before this needs a cleanup.

I'm glad that you somehow managed to 'fix' you're car. Hope it runs fine for another 15000ks with no servicing.
Happy trucking.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

so far so good - 25,000km without a Ford tech or mechanic and still get 500km out of a tank city driving - Oh yeah, I have a Jaycar multimeter - Is that my problem ???

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Cool mate - Will check Power Steering - Also found this on the Ford Grown Ups forum:

Not all components that are defective throw codes (many fuel related ones don't) and the code does not necessarily tell you which part is defective. A code for an 02 sensor may not mean the sensor itself is bad, only that it is acting up for some reason.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2