Page 10 of 10 [ 137 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post subject: Re: ED Head Gasket Replacement
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

c james wrote:
so if i buy an au head gasket kit. the rocker cover seal and head bolts are all the same as an ed?

Head gasket is the same.. Did this fitting an ED head to an EA block.

Rocker cover seal is specific to your ED head tho AFAIK.

c james wrote:
helppppp! where the hell does the small slider for the timing chain go! i know there two big oens either side but where the f*ck does the little one go? when i took the cover off it fell into the sump and i fished it out.. hellllllllllllllllllpppp

The one about 3" long was down the bottom by memory.. you need to fit it inside the timing cover, then fit the whole lot to the front of the block. Fkn cnt of a job.. the lower guide will possibly fall into the sump again.. You'll want to loosen the sump bolts to try and get the cover back on.

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Post subject: Re: ED Head Gasket Replacement
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 93 ed fairmont ghia

NSW, Australia

locknut wrote:
c james wrote:
so if i buy an au head gasket kit. the rocker cover seal and head bolts are all the same as an ed?

Head gasket is the same.. Did this fitting an ED head to an EA block.

Rocker cover seal is specific to your ED head tho AFAIK.

c james wrote:
helppppp! where the hell does the small slider for the timing chain go! i know there two big oens either side but where the f*ck does the little one go? when i took the cover off it fell into the sump and i fished it out.. hellllllllllllllllllpppp

The one about 3" long was down the bottom by memory.. you need to fit it inside the timing cover, then fit the whole lot to the front of the block. Fkn cnt of a job.. the lower guide will possibly fall into the sump again.. You'll want to loosen the sump bolts to try and get the cover back on.

Thank you for that, i am removing the sump anyway due to droping some things down there :oops: and it will stop my oil leaks if i do that gasket which will be good for parking on my new driveway haha. thank you again, i thought it did fit into the timing cover down the bottom.

ED Fairmont Ghia. t5 conversion w h/d exedy, 3:45:1 lsd, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" custom exhaust, waggott cam,K&N high flow panel filter, TI performance chip w/ 4 tune switch(2 ED, 2 EL tunes) king 18's, el thermo fan w/ Davis Craig switch. 5000K hids,led lighting, doof box in boot.

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 10  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10