Fordmods Logo

ED smartlock problems 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: ED smartlock problems
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hi all, I have an ED falcon that has been cutting out on me while driving, it would restart almost immeadiatley. It slowly took longer, over time, before i could restart it until now, it wont start. There are no ignition lights, but the smartlock light is flashing. I have replaced the ignition switch assembly (on Fords advice) but it has made no differance, i have got hold of a second hand smartlock module, fitted it and done the 30 min recalibration thing and had a minor success. I got the ignition lights back on but it didn't engage the starter (like it was not in park) When i moved the gear selector lever to verify it was in park, all lights went out again.What is my next step that does not involve petrol and matches? Thanks

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:32 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

i have not had that type of experience but i would check the fuses and relays around where the battery is. and check the battery terminals are not corroded and are clean.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Did you try starting it without Smartlock?

Racing an import is like competing in the special olympics.....even if you do win, you're still retarded.

Post subject: Problem solved
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Well i've solved the problem myself. seems i have a dodgy electrical connector coming from the steering colum. After fiddling around, lights and relays clicked on and i was able to reset the smartlock correctly (30 min wait) all systems go! by the way, how can you start the car without smartlock?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]