Fordmods Logo

ED XR6 camshaft question... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: ED XR6 camshaft question...
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 1999 AU futura

NSW, Australia

Hi guys,was wondering when does the ED XR6 standard cam come into power,what rpm does it start to make power??It's just that i dont think my XR has the standard cam in it.How would i be able to find out if it has a different profile cam in it too??Thanks

COMING SOON,XD WITH A TURBO...CLEVO STYLE

Post subject: Re: ED XR6 camshaft question...
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

WA, Australia

KRUPTD wrote:
Hi guys,was wondering when does the ED XR6 standard cam come into power,what rpm does it start to make power??It's just that i dont think my XR has the standard cam in it.How would i be able to find out if it has a different profile cam in it too??Thanks

The extra power from an XR 6 cam is similar to the extra power you get from cleaning the windscreen.
Go for a Crow or Crane replacement.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Crane dont make camshafts for ED's

Lots of others do though - wade, surecam, JMM, etc

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon 1992 EB II XR6

WA, Australia

The power usually starts to pull on at about 3000rpm.. but as they said your better off cleaning your windscreen.. unless you have a freak motor like me :D

White EL Series II XR8, manual, high flow cats, single 3" exhaust and Quarterhorse = 236rwhp and 14.18@97.5mph

LOWXR - Back to stay - Awaiting forged bottom end

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

TickfordXR wrote:
The power usually starts to pull on at about 3000rpm.. but as they said your better off cleaning your windscreen.. unless you have a freak motor like me :D

Would it be possible to post a copy of your time slip (15.050 / 150.71 )..My mods are similar to yours and i'm going to the Newman Outback drags this Saturday and it would be good to have something to aim for

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon 1992 EB II XR6

WA, Australia

I cant find my 15.050 slip.. i dont have a scanner either but i found another 15 second slip.. ill write up the specifics for you

Elapsed Time: 15.093
Terminal Speed: 92.21 mph
Reaction Time: 0.782
60': 2.368
330': 6.398
660': 9.754
660' Speed: 119.03 kph
1000': 12.638

Hope that helps.. I'll try find my other slip

White EL Series II XR8, manual, high flow cats, single 3" exhaust and Quarterhorse = 236rwhp and 14.18@97.5mph

LOWXR - Back to stay - Awaiting forged bottom end

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well i have noticed my XR starts to pull alot harder from just over 2000rpm and is still pulling hard when im up at 5000rpm.Mind you i dont drive at 5000rpm all the time.Also i have stood behind a XR6 EL with a sports exhaust and compared the noise from the backof mine and mine has a much more noticable lope,but also idles well.But thanks for your help.Well (nicebus) i would love you to join me down the 1/4 on a Fordmods meet and we'll see how fancy my standard XR6 cammed XR and we'll see who will be laughin at the other end.I'll let you know one thing my XR is very quick,havent had time to put it on a dyno yet but am trying to spare up some time.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

KRUPTD wrote:
Well i have noticed my XR starts to pull alot harder from just over 2000rpm and is still pulling hard when im up at 5000rpm.Mind you i dont drive at 5000rpm all the time.Also i have stood behind a XR6 EL with a sports exhaust and compared the noise from the backof mine and mine has a much more noticable lope,but also idles well.But thanks for your help.Well (nicebus) i would love you to join me down the 1/4 on a Fordmods meet and we'll see how fancy my standard XR6 cammed XR and we'll see who will be laughin at the other end.I'll let you know one thing my XR is very quick,havent had time to put it on a dyno yet but am trying to spare up some time.

What time do you do at the ford mods meet ? We all know the great inline six feels crisp and responsive, especially with a good exhaust. Beleive me I know "quick". My other ride is a 308 V8 powered Gemi that does flat 12's.

Attachments:
gemi 3.jpg
gemi 3.jpg [ 31.06 KiB | Viewed 128 times ]

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I havent been down an official 1/4 mile track but have timed it over a nice bit of road and timed myself over it i have run constant 14.4 seconds.(Wheel spinning/with very low tread on the rear tyres).This is with my setup now.But one day would love to see how my XR goes up against your ride dude.A more aggressive cam and bottom and head work and a shot of nos and some nice diff gears,i would be able to run close to your time.

Hey nice tidy lookin engine bay.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]