Fordmods Logo

EF 4L into EL Falcon wagon, updated pg3, power issues :-| 

Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL Wagon

NSW, Australia

stomper wrote:
im sure that last loom is for the engine loom. the others may alsogo in that. I can look for you tomorrow if u wish.

Gaz wrote:
that last one is the crank angle sensor IIRC. follorw it around to the front, its bolted just above the crank shaft, 2 8mm? bolts hold it on

yeah Gaz your right it does wrap around the front, and stomper your right aswell it is part of the engine loom but only on the EF, its a very individual type plug and i cant find anything that it would link to on the EL loom..

ill have a good look tomorrow night and take it out.. should i put a bolt where it is to block off the hole it will leave once i take it out or is it fine to just leave..

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

crank angle sensor isnt needed on an EL. You can leave it, take it out, whatever you want.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL Wagon

NSW, Australia

hey guys iv gotten a bit of progress down in the past few nights, but just tonight i ran into a couple of troubles.. but first of all heres the engine when its just about to go in

the engine in....

and a bit further progress

but i have to admit, when i first got it all installed and hooked up i got a bit excited and wanted to start it up, the radiator wasnt in but i thought i would only start it for a few seconds to see if it actually does start.. which it did start but of cause resulted in transmission fluid everywhere :oops:

but i just finished up in the garage, and because of what i explained above i thought i should obviously full up the transmission fluid before its maiden drive. after that i took it for its first drive. this is where the problems began :x

the engine revs fine and freely, idles normal and increases/decreases revs when aircon is on or off, what level the fan is at ect. so on the engine side of things everything is normal and sounding good. but when i took it for a drive after i filled up the transmission fluid it seems to be slipping.. to get the car out of my driveway there is alot of foward and reverse action and the box shifted between gears without lag and very normaly, but once i got it onto the road as i said it started to lag. straight out of the drive way i put my foot down slightly to get up the the speed limit but it was almost instantly noticeable that there was a problem

im not sure how else to explain it.. basically you can keep your foot down at a constant level and it will almost feel like its runing out of petrol with lots of kicking in kicking out action (it has a full tank) with some serious slipping issues (as if it were a manual). When I drove it up the road and did a u turn to come back around because of this problem, I put my foot down to see what would happen and it sort of decided what to do for a minute then got up to speed, but its still very undriveable.. does anyone know this problem? or even better, how to fix it? the only thing i can think of is transmission fluid levels, either too much (because of filling it up on a slight angle due to the car stand for access to the filler plug) or too less fluid ( there could have been a air bubble of some sort caused from when i started the car without the radiator in?) not to sure.. any help will be fantastic as its ready to roll

its a 4 speed auto

edit: also if you want to save $40 and you own a EF-EL, dont buy the book pictured on the windscreen in picture 2. its hopeless.

Post subject: Re: EF 4L into EL Falcon wagon, updated pg3, power issues :-|
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef falcon futura

VIC, Australia

My car does a very similar thing. Keep my foot on throttle at a constant level and the revs go up and down likes the fuel is running out. When driving and in nuetrul not even moving. I personally don't think it's your tranny but I'm not a machanic. I'm looking for a answer as well to why mine does that and lags under slight throttle but almost goes away under heavier throttle. I tried fixing everything except some sort of sensor but who knows what bloody sensor it is.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4