Fordmods Logo

EF Drive belt tensioner 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:10 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Those EF/EL 6 cyl drive-belt tensioners appear regularly on ebay, new, for half or less RRP...I had no idea they were so dear, i thought the blokes on ebay asking 50 or 60 dollarss for one were out of order..

I like the things, actually, first time ive encountered these quick release fan belt tensioner things, then immediately after, I find this Daewoo Im working on, has one as well..
It takes a 15mm socket, you dont have to scratch up a 1/2 to 3/8 socket adaptor to put on a longish bar as you do with the falcon..

But belt is off both cars in seconds, good, isnt it, progress..

Beats messing around with Alternator bolts jsut to get belt off quickly..

Last edited by ELwagonTaxi on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:51 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF Shaggin

VIC, Australia

ELwagonTaxi wrote:
Those EF/EL 6 cyl drive-belt tensioners appear regularly on ebay, new, for half or less RRP...I had no idea they were so dear, i thought the blokes on ebay asking 50 or 60 dollarss for one were out of order..

That's interesting. However, I don't think I would trust parts from ebay... unless I could go and view the item when I picked it up. Too many ways to get scammed these days. As far as one from a wrecker goes... I have always been funny about 2nd hand parts, may as well get a new one and it will work well for years to come (hopefully!)

So here's this bum waving a knife like he's the leader of some knife parade...

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:56 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Some times new part is better value than 2nd hand.
Sometimes it isnt..depends on type and nature of part.

As to ebay, 90%+ of the time, the result is good.Savings are often substantial, especially on something not everyone wants.

I bought a 2nd hand combo stalk for it for $1...plus $8 postage. Nothing wrong with it, besides waiting a week for item to finish and the postage process to complete.
What does even a wrecker ask for an EL combo stalk?
thing is, he got no other bids, not everyone wants that at any given day.

Contrast, i wanted and still do, the big convoluted hose which splits between the aircleaner and EFI intake..sell about $36 ford, ive heard...so one comes up, new in bag....3 or 4 other bastards wanted it, so the price went to a point where by time you add postage, it was 75% of new trade price..

so that one didnt work, too much perhaps temprory, demand.
the front corner lights bid strongly on ebay as well, I bought one, its fine, but i had to outbid people, still cheaper than wrecker or RRP price, but not a giveaway, still..

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2