Fordmods Logo

EF/EL Air Intake Question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EF/EL Air Intake Question
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

My EF intake cover is cracked and before replacing it, can anyone tell me if it is better to replace it with an EL one or newer model? Or is the EF one better? Anyone done this and noticed any differences, good or bad?

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

my ef intake was replaced with an el one when i had the lpg conversion done
can't tell any difference to be honest

95 EF Wagon, Dedicated Gas

Post subject: Re: EF/EL Air Intake Question
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

director444 wrote:
My EF intake cover is cracked and before replacing it, can anyone tell me if it is better to replace it with an EL one or newer model? Or is the EF one better? Anyone done this and noticed any differences, good or bad?
El one is slightly better...but on a stock motor it aint gunna give you a "turbo boost" or anything like it... would be very hard presses to tell the difference.. Take the opurtunity to upgrade to a mandrel bent 3 inch intake!... -some thing which will lessen intake restriction...

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
director444 wrote:
El one is slightly better...but on a stock motor it aint gunna give you a "turbo boost" or anything like it... would be very hard presses to tell the difference.. Take the opurtunity to upgrade to a mandrel bent 3 inch intake!... -some thing which will lessen intake restriction...

It is a stock motor, I have extractors with 2.5Inch exhaust and new cat.
Not to sound ignorant, where can i get a 3"intake, is this something i get from ford direct?

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

director444 wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
director444 wrote:

It is a stock motor, I have extractors with 2.5Inch exhaust and new cat.
Not to sound ignorant, where can i get a 3"intake, is this something i get from ford direct?
we all wish!(ford do not sell those) got pics of it on my engine on "my gallery" exhaust shops could probably knock you up something (3 inch intake) on request.. out of either mild steel or stainless depending on your budget.. or keep an eye out on ebay.. they occasionally pop up for sale..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]