Fordmods Logo

EF/EL alternator pinouts 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EF/EL alternator pinouts
Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Been a while since I posted here! Have sold the EL (!) but have an EF/EL related question. I run an EF 100A alternator on my Suzuki Sierra but have just burnt through 2 in less than 2 weeks :x I'm not sure that I'm connecting the IG and L wires correctly to the Ford alternator and the regulator may therefore be chucking a hissy fit....

Can anyone confirm for me what the pinout on the alternator is? There are two pins, one closer to the +12V charge screw terminal (ie towards the top of the mounted alternator), one further away (bottom). The EF/EL's obviously just have a wiring loom plug that slips on. I'm doing the same using spade terminals and need to know whether the pin closes to the +12V charge terminal is (a) IG - exciter charge for the diodes or (b) L - charge light.

Cheers for any help :)
Moph

Elly - '96 EL Fairmont Ghia]

Post subject: Re: EF/EL alternator pinouts
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:26 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

Had a quick look at the wiring diagram. Would appear that the 2 pins on the regulator are connected as you said. Pin IG should connect to the B+(12V) and the L pin should connect too the dash light (gnd when engine off and 12v when engine running). Maybe the following link to Mitsubishi Alternators would help. http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=63

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]