Fordmods Logo

EF/EL Motor into CPI EA 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: EF/EL Motor into CPI EA
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

hey guys my ea cpi motor is on its last legs so im replacing it soon, how hard is it to put a ef/el motor into it

Regards Allan

Ea Soon To Be Turbo

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

Staight bolt, run a eb-ed style manifold and use the converion on www.ford-tech.com for the mpi conversion. Or if you are a bit more clever buy a rpm switch from jaycar and use the ef/el bbm. Not sure on which engine mounts to use because the ef are hydraulic, but either shoudl fit i think.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1994 Ford EF Fairmont Ghia Sedan

VIC, Australia

from what other people have said, the EL one is the better option as that has a dizzy whereas the EF has coil pack. I think that maybe you have to change the computer and the BEM over to get it working

1994 ford fairmont ghia - Currently 302 with T5 - Work in progress :P

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yea ef runs coil packs and el runs a dizzy but your any e series dizzy will bolt into the ef's block. You wont need to run the ef/el ecu if u use a eb-ed intake manifold or run teh bbm with a rpm switch like i said previously. If your car had smartlock then the ef/el ecu woulda been the ideal choice.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF XR6

VIC, Australia

whats the acutal name for this switch I looked on the website and i cant find it

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.as ... BCATID=347

that one looks like it would work, although i havnt done it myself. If you arnt willing to takle the bbm conversion, which prob isnt worth it if your going to turbo, then a stock ef/el motor with the eb-ed mpi manifold will still give a HUGE performance gain over your 3.9 cpi.

Rides:

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I used that switch on mine and it worked. I have done the bbm conversion the switching of the butterfly was fine, but I got a 1990 EA MPFI and converted it to BBM. It gained 10rwkw up to 3000rpm and then the power completly leveled out. big power drop. BTW i got JMM DEV 4 kit. I tried a unichip and still no fix, Im a ELECO and all the wiring and sensors tested fine. I ended up pulling it all off and putting my MPFI manifold back on. Also I am running the EA ECC-IV computer. All I could atripute is the maps are way out due to the air intakes with the different runners and correct me if im wrong, but Sequential injection might have something to do with it in the computer.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]