Fordmods Logo

EF-EL Thermo fans conversion problem. 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EF-EL Thermo fans conversion problem.
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 1456

Joined: 17th Apr 2008

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

Location: Bannockburn
VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

I got my Thermo fans for my ED Fairmont all wired up but I have a problem.

The fan that is supposed to be turning on when I turn the aircon on isn't.

I connected it to the blue wire at the A/C Compressor, after the connector, not before.

Not sure whats wrong there so any help would be great.

Thanks.

 

_________________

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF-EL Thermo fans conversion problem.
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
Hey guys,

I got my Thermo fans for my ED Fairmont all wired up but I have a problem.

The fan that is supposed to be turning on when I turn the aircon on isn't.

I connected it to the blue wire at the A/C Compressor, after the connector, not before.

Not sure whats wrong there so any help would be great.

Thanks.


can you give more info?
how many relays are you running?
how are the relays connected?
what are the trigger wires for the relays?
are you using the wire from the aircon to trigger a relay for the fan?
or have you wired the fan directly to the aircon pump wire?
as i dont know how they are connected its hard to diagnose.

assuming you have conected them right.
first did you check that the fan worked before you installed them?
is your aircon pump turning on? if your aircon pump doesnt turn on the fan wont turn on either..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 2337

Joined: 25th Apr 2008

Ride: Boxcar Love

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Right on Troyman.

Also, i could be wrong, but the aircon comp trigger is a negative is it not??? If this is in the positve side of the fan, it will not go either.

I could be wrong, just a thought.

Andrew.

 

_________________

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 1456

Joined: 17th Apr 2008

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

Location: Bannockburn
VIC, Australia

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I met up with John_xr6 (John_LS1 on fordforums.com.au) and he says that when the aircon has no pressure (needs re-gas after bingle :() the aircon automanically switches off. Am I wrong? Because if this is the case this is why the fan don't work.

 

_________________

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF-EL Thermo fans conversion problem.
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 1456

Joined: 17th Apr 2008

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

Location: Bannockburn
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
Hey guys,

I got my Thermo fans for my ED Fairmont all wired up but I have a problem.

The fan that is supposed to be turning on when I turn the aircon on isn't.

I connected it to the blue wire at the A/C Compressor, after the connector, not before.

Not sure whats wrong there so any help would be great.

Thanks.


can you give more info?
how many relays are you running?
how are the relays connected?
what are the trigger wires for the relays?
are you using the wire from the aircon to trigger a relay for the fan?
or have you wired the fan directly to the aircon pump wire?
as i dont know how they are connected its hard to diagnose.

assuming you have conected them right.
first did you check that the fan worked before you installed them?
is your aircon pump turning on? if your aircon pump doesnt turn on the fan wont turn on either..


I'm using 3 relays, They are connected exactly as said on the ford forums website, except I'm using a davies craig thermo switch. If needed I can post the image of how they are connected.

What are Trigger Wires? :?

I haven't checked if the aircon com,pressor is turning on but again if you read the following post that should explain why it doesn't turn on.

 

_________________

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF-EL Thermo fans conversion problem.
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:48 am 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
Hey guys,

I got my Thermo fans for my ED Fairmont all wired up but I have a problem.

The fan that is supposed to be turning on when I turn the aircon on isn't.

I connected it to the blue wire at the A/C Compressor, after the connector, not before.

Not sure whats wrong there so any help would be great.

Thanks.


can you give more info?
how many relays are you running?
how are the relays connected?
what are the trigger wires for the relays?
are you using the wire from the aircon to trigger a relay for the fan?
or have you wired the fan directly to the aircon pump wire?
as i dont know how they are connected its hard to diagnose.

assuming you have conected them right.
first did you check that the fan worked before you installed them?
is your aircon pump turning on? if your aircon pump doesnt turn on the fan wont turn on either..


I'm using 3 relays, They are connected exactly as said on the ford forums website, except I'm using a davies craig thermo switch. If needed I can post the image of how they are connected.

What are Trigger Wires? :?

I haven't checked if the aircon com,pressor is turning on but again if you read the following post that should explain why it doesn't turn on.


ok.
it sounds like the aircon has no gas or isnt working?
yes if your aircon dont work the fans wont.
so it seems to be as simple as that..

oh the trigger wires are the wires that turn the relays on.eg(the wires from the thermal switch)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 1456

Joined: 17th Apr 2008

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

Location: Bannockburn
VIC, Australia

Yes the reason why the aircon don't work is because the aircon needs regassing :(.

So I'll start up a new post once I've had the car regased and the problem still persists.

Thanks for the advise guys :D.

James

 

_________________

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names