Fordmods Logo

EF Flash tuner 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Flash tuner
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

Apparently there is a flash tuner under development for EF/EL Falcons. If you read the latest motor mag (where Ford six-cylinders rule!) there is an article on 'driver abuse mode'. New cars are apparently notorious for this mode, especially with fly-by-wire throttle control. You may floor it, but the driver abuse mode may decide it is too much strain and only open the butterfly half way.

Whilst this sounds like a good thing, it seems only to cover their own a***, since they provide a 3yr 100 000km manufacturers warranty, and by using this mode will be up for less warranty work and, hence, less cost. So I would imagine their setup is, well, a little conservative. Smart on their part, but annoying for us poor consumers.

Ford call this driver abuse mode the 'torque control module', which actually sounds good, but it limits the torque of the engine.

That's where the flash tuner comes in. I haven't read much about them, but they're supposed to help overcome this power robbing software and so give the car more performance.

What does everyone think about the flash tuner? Would EF's suffer from this mode?

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

EF throttle body is cable though so surely if your foot's flat since it's directly connected it's gunna open. Were the new BA onwards are electronic with a motor and that.
But the EF flash tuner isn't necessarily going to be anything like the BA one as the ECU's are very different set ups.

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24282

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Post subject: Re: EF Flash tuner
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

spvd02 wrote:
Apparently there is a flash tuner under development for EF/EL Falcons. If you read the latest motor mag (where Ford six-cylinders rule!) there is an article on 'driver abuse mode'. New cars are apparently notorious for this mode, especially with fly-by-wire throttle control. You may floor it, but the driver abuse mode may decide it is too much strain and only open the butterfly half way.

Whilst this sounds like a good thing, it seems only to cover their own a***, since they provide a 3yr 100 000km manufacturers warranty, and by using this mode will be up for less warranty work and, hence, less cost. So I would imagine their setup is, well, a little conservative. Smart on their part, but annoying for us poor consumers.

Ford call this driver abuse mode the 'torque control module', which actually sounds good, but it limits the torque of the engine.

That's where the flash tuner comes in. I haven't read much about them, but they're supposed to help overcome this power robbing software and so give the car more performance.

What does everyone think about the flash tuner? Would EF's suffer from this mode?
i would buy a after market on the fly system hook it up leaving the old sensors and motors and that inplace but i would just unconnet it at the engine end, that would work i think

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

scroll down to "SCT ECC-IV and ECC-V Ford Programmer Modules" retail at $795 you'll find it in the Price List on the capa site http://www.capa.com.au/prices_ford_power_parts.htm

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]