Fordmods Logo

ef induction kit 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT Series 2

QLD, Australia

Dde Jim mock motorsport do a package for filter and intake tube. But it does not include a larger cai.

Stage 1 stereo install done. Pics in audio section.
Next step is probably a nice exhaust or stage 2 stereo.

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

EFfalconsrule wrote:
Dde Jim mock motorsport do a package for filter and intake tube. But it does not include a larger cai.
u were sayin who do them?? and for how much, coz i seen an intake on the difilippo website, but there was no prices, i think they look great, and would help the engine breath,

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:28 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Wagon

WA, Australia

skizef wrote:
EFfalconsrule wrote:
u were sayin who do them?? and for how much, coz i seen an intake on the difilippo website, but there was no prices, i think they look great, and would help the engine breath,

Whoa there Laddy it just so happens that I emailed DiFilippo onthe weekend for a price on that exact item so as soon as I get a reply on cost I will post it. It also happens to be ceramic coated :D

Attachments:
IMAG016.jpg
IMAG016.jpg [ 7.52 KiB | Viewed 628 times ]

ImageImage
EF XR6 Wagon,RPD R6 cam,Wildcat extractors, Magnaflow cat,2.5" Lukey exhhaust.
Too many more too list

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:32 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

EFXRWGN wrote:
skizef wrote:
EFfalconsrule wrote:

Whoa there Laddy it just so happens that I emailed DiFilippo onthe weekend for a price on that exact item so as soon as I get a reply on cost I will post it. It also happens to be ceramic coated :D
thank u EFXRWGN that would be greatly appreciated

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:32 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

Dont worry fellas the poxy pod filter isnt included and it will bolt straight up to your existing mounts on into your airbox :D

ImageImage
Too many more too list

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 97 R33, EF XR8

NSW, Australia

I also will be waiting, that thing looks hot.Hope to hear from u soon.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: BA XR6 turbo

ACT, Australia

mmmmm looks tidy that will look good under the bomnnet. someone told me that if u can get ya hands on a ba turbo in take the mandrell bent pipe from the box to the throttel body should match right up can anuone conferm this??

If you think life is bad. Imagine being a egg...you only get laid once, you only get smashed once and the only bird that sits on your face is your mum!

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef 5speed I6

WA, Australia

i have already been quoted $395 for that intake from di filipo. sounds a bit steep to me, u can most likely go to any reputable exhaust shop and get them to do it exactly the same for alot cheaper i would think. should hopefully be gettn a quote soon from one as soon as i can find the time.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

nico95 wrote:
i have already been quoted $395 for that intake from di filipo. sounds a bit steep to me, u can most likely go to any reputable exhaust shop and get them to do it exactly the same for alot cheaper i would think. should hopefully be gettn a quote soon from one as soon as i can find the time.

unlikely, most exhaust shops don't keep mandrel bends and a press ebnt version of that would be bloody nasty peice of work!
I'll post a picture of what I made for mine for around the $50.00 mark...

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:58 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

Yes the man is correct $395 inc GST + postage. But never fear I have emailed the boys at DiFilippo to see if we can post an add for this Item on the Ford mods web site and see if they will discount it for anyone who mentions that they saw it on the site. It might work it might not but worth a try for a discount. DONT FORGET the intake is CERAMIC COATED for cooler under bonet temps making for colder air Through the intake.

ImageImage
Too many more too list

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT Series 2

QLD, Australia

Wow that difilipo one is sweet! The Jim Mock Motorsport one was around $150 but no where near as sweet to look at as that one but probably just as functional.

Stage 1 stereo install done. Pics in audio section.
Next step is probably a nice exhaust or stage 2 stereo.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef 5speed I6

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
nico95 wrote:

unlikely, most exhaust shops don't keep mandrel bends and a press ebnt version of that would be bloody nasty peice of work!

i definatly know of a few in wa who do custom mandrel bend stainless steel intakes, would assume it would be cheaper cause of freight etc. if you could post a picture that would be great. if you could tell me wat kind of steel you used as well as the thickness that'll be sweet.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

nico95 wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
nico95 wrote:

i definatly know of a few in wa who do custom mandrel bend stainless steel intakes, would assume it would be cheaper cause of freight etc. if you could post a picture that would be great. if you could tell me wat kind of steel you used as well as the thickness that'll be sweet.

I second that motion although I would love a diFilippo one the price is a little steep though, so those in WA who can do this custom work would be a godsend financially. Especially those of us who have rugrats and Wives with one hand on the wallet.

ImageImage
Too many more too list

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

who thanx guys for the input. $395 ive got a few mates who are engineerers, so i might ask one of them if they can make somethin similar up. i hope so as it wuld b alot more functional than the plastic thing, i mite even wrap it in that heat strap stuff to keep the heat out...i know it will ruin the looks but hey...MEH haha

i'll let ya'll know how i go, and if were succesful, i might con him in to makin a few for the guys here at formods.!!! (with good rates too ;) )
cheers

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3384/dscn13806ga.jpg
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1593/dscn13812wd.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2750/dscn13826yr.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8053/dscn13842qw.jpg

Found a 3" 90* chromed mandrll bend at work ($50.00 - but that's exxy can get them cheaper on eBay.com.au or many other places!). Took it to the exhaust shop got one side flarred up/belled (he did it for free) a bit so it fits snug into the rubber bend that's already on the throttle body (for those that don't know these are off EL Falcons, and I can't get rid of mine do to my LPG mixer being inside it). Then got a meter ($10.00) of 3" exhaust pipe, cut the length I needed, found some old tin, made a little braket and pop riveted it on the side (free as these were lying around the garage). Got some cool bluey looking hose clamps from work ($0.50 each) and the Turbosmart 3" silicone joiner from Autobarn ($16.50).
All up it cost me $77.50. But you could do it for under $50.00 if you find a cheaper mandrell bend (and they are avaliable cheaper but there not chromed then)!
Now I ain't saying it's better than JMM's or Diflipinenonononono's or anyone elses, but the price tag is certainly a s**t load nicer and I don't belive that those other ones would flow much better at all!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next