Fordmods Logo

EF manual questions!!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: EF manual questions!!!
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

hay guys just want to clarify a few things and yeh...

jst bought an EF falcon...manual!!!
GT body kit and some 18's...within last week i have gotten the darkest legal tint for her and picked up an exhaust and extractors.

first question... i have read all over the forums that the el/ef stock should be putting out 157kw... i got mine dyon'd before and after exhaust...

before was 100.6kw after was 130 odd kw. after speaking to the mechanic he said that most ef/el's he had dyno'd stock had come out around the same mark if not a little lower/... i was impressed with my 30kw gain but was stumped to why i had heard so much about 157kw on the stock engine and he is saying 100???

i just learnt to drive a manual a week a go and now am starting to get more confident>>>ripping through the gears and seeing what i can do :) loving it

so far i am finding that 1st>2nd goes hard...but then changing from 2nd to 3rd is rather sluggish...this my car or should i be expecting this from a family sedan?

now for the important s**t...with my car exterior coming to an end(almost complete) i am looking more towards the mechanical side. turbo is out of the question because insurance is too mch for me @ this age. Due to the fact that i recently lost my license and was forced to appeal it... i got it back but i only have 1 point :(. this has lead me to being a somewhat good boy and very rarely go over the speed limit intentionally and if i do it is not for very long...

i am looking to get some work done to my car that will put me back in my seat for going from 0-80...anything that will benefit my car gaining more power in the later end of the speedo would not benefit me @ all due to speed limits :(...

have heard some things like cams and headwork...i like driving cars...i know nothing about them...well not much...were in adelaide can i get some of this stuff done...what prices and power figures would i be looking at?

please dont say stuff like " if u cant do the work urself dont worry about it" heard that all before!!!...and yes i have looked at the stickys but i cant find out specific answers.

il pst pictures of my car up when its complete>>>2-3 weeks

thanks in advance for advice

also selling my EL auto in SA..pm me for more info

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

1. 157 is stock flywheel wk, dyno gives rearwheel kw, stock is useually 95>110, 130 from extractors/2.5" is rather good tbh.
2. 0-80, idd suggest a good diff, ratio depending on how you drive, but a 3.45 lsd will help it alot from 0-80 and isnt too bad on the highway, a set of good tyres will help you get off the line at higher rpm, possibly a ripshifter, then look at cam/headwork options.

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

There you go, good solid advise.
How much are you going to spend old bean?

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

i have bout 3k left to spend

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Yeah well you allready have a good exhaust system by the sounds.
So a cam and let the sucker breath deep and you still will have around 2 K left in ya pocket.
That you can give to me as i'm a good bloke.
Though for 3K ya could if you bought smart turbo the sucker.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

i worked it out and i could afford the turbo and the installation of the turbo but in the long run it is not worth the insurance at my age for it

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

ACT, Australia

i also own a EF with a manual and had mine dyno'd b4 and after i had work to it, mine was 125 b4 then 142 after, sp i think a 30kw gain off extractors and zaust is hard to believe

if i was in your shoes i would hit up the diff, 3.45LSD off an XR are pretty cheep bout 500ish, would be a good little pick up, other than that, let it breath and perhaps a cam,

i have had the cam, springs and intake done in mine with extractors and exaust and it livens up alot, plus will give the car a much deeper note to the exaust,

those simple thhings will give you alot more to play with,

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

definatly do a lumpy cam.. more mid and top range....

do a bigger intake... tickford snorkel... make up ahome job cold air intake rigged up feeding into the bottom of the bottom of the stock air box...

rig up a 3 inch mandrel bend intake to the thrttle body like this.... (my engine..) VVVVVVVVVV

Attachments:
random pic's 010.jpg
random pic's 010.jpg [ 82.31 KiB | Viewed 885 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]