Fordmods Logo

ef motor into el, missing really bad! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: ef motor into el, missing really bad!
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL turbo

QLD, Australia

while i'm building upmy El motor to handle boost, i decided to put another motor in for a few months till i get it finished, the donor motor was out of an Ef, i thought to myself if i swap dizzy and wiring loom over and everything will be the same, so i did this, i fired engine up for a few seconds and it ran, so i finished putting everything back togetherand it wouldnt run, ok so i have spark, replaced plugs anyway, checked the timing, its right, checked leads r going to right plug, they where! put noid light on injectors, they r firing!, aerostart down the throttle body and it fired up, but wouldnt really rev with out back firing and missing! i screwed the fuel pressure up on my rising rate fuel reg and advanced and it was better but still miss and backfire up bout 3500rpm higher in the rev range than before, so i'm pretty stumped as to what it is, small things i have noticed is that fuel pump is running all the time when key is on, temp gauge isnt workin, put working temp sender in, still no good, thermos running all the time,is this just coincedence or do i have something hooked up wrong! another thing i had my intercooler piping off and it was sitting on the block and just off the chassis and every now and then i noticed it was sparking, probably trying to ground itself, i checked my earths there all ok! anyone have any ideas???

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

sure your not 180deg out on the cam/dissy?
plugs wrong?

removing the temp sender will make thermo's run 100%
and I think if from memory if the tranny loom is unpluged it'll do the same.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL turbo

QLD, Australia

yep dizzy is set on no.1 compression, will check continuity between sender plug and ecu tommorow, injectors have been cleaned and refitted! i am now pretty sure thisis electrical! everything mechanical has been checked! its just weird bout the fuel pump, thermos runningwith the key on and temp gauge not working on a simple engine swap, all plugs are in where there spose to be, it has to bee something small tho! i really am stumped with this one!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]