Fordmods Logo

ef rebuild 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: ef rebuild
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:04 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1987 telstar/2004 BA XR6 5spd

NSW, Australia

hey guys, iv got a 95 ef futura with 175xxxk's on the clock, i have given in a hard-ish life for the past 10,000-15,000 K's...would the motor benefit from a rebuild? oil rings, gaskests ect...or would it not be worth it? im up for a new head gasket and im throwing a ticky head on it when i do the gasket and i was considering doing a rebuild when i do that....any comments any one?
the motor dose have several oil leaks but im looking at this from the power side of things....

Post subject: Re: ef rebuild
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:21 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

iv got about 1k to spend, got mates helping me do all the work, but basicly i want to restore the motor back to it's factory 157kw or the 162kw i think it is with the ticky head.. want to replace all the gaskets on the motor that can leak oil..

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Im in the process of putting a ticky head on at the moment plus fixing oil leaks. Mine has 300000ks on it and the bores looked great. Can still see hone marks and no lip. Im the 3rd owner and im the only one who has given it a hard time

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

would it be work doing a rebuild or just doing the gaskets? and will the XR6 fuel reg help give more power with the ticky head?

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

Have a look at the bores. It they look good leave em. Can make a car worse replacing rings without doing it perfectly.
Deff service the head. Clean the block and make sure it's got a good surface. Could do the timing chain and guides, waterpump and welsh plugs and have the injectors serviced, fuel filter, plugs, leads, coil replaced and clean the throttlebody and isc

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:45 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

hey guys, iv got a new motor that im going to put into my ef, is there anything i need to worry about when i go to rego it? my partners dad said somthing about the VIN number and the car will need to go over the pits? any help asap would be great :)

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

You need a reciept from the person you got it off saying theyve sold you this engine * needs engine number on the paper* and when you get it in take it to a mechanic who does blues ups and tell then you need an adjustment of records. They will simply check the new engine number against the reciept number and change the details of the car. If it's a stolen engine the RTA will let you know. Probably by sending a tilt tray to take you're car haha

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]