Fordmods Logo

EF safe from theives? 

Page 3 of 7 [ 96 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i would say that the chances of a joyrider type thief stealing a ef is unlikely, unless the keys are in it. and i dont think there are professional ef theifs, the pro's would still be stealing brand new xr falcon's and stuff. so there would only be a few who would go to the effort and thoughs people would allready know how to steal a ef. at the end of the day if you want somthing bad enogh you will eventully get it, and i would say a car thief would think the same.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:26 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I recently had a brandt 3 point immobiliser fitted to both my car ELxr6 and my wife little 2002 Opel Astra (its not a holden!) for 2 cars supplied and installed it was total $700. I watched mine being installed, the poor bloke pulled ½ the dash out, Cluster and all, wires and stuff everywhere. all black unmarked wires. I've since pulled the car apart trying to find it all.. can only see a small portion of it all. the system is triggered to disarm by a proximity key or a turn key code override.. yeah sure its not fool proof, if someone wants it bad enough they will take it, but at the end of the day I have agreed value insurance on a replacable (even though I would like to think not) 10 year old falcon. problem is most of the time of they can't steal em they burn em.. but 95% the car is either at home with me or at work in a carpark that is 10 seconds from my desk under security surveilence.. its a piece of mind thing more than anything else..

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yer my car has f**k door lock covers (the little tin bits over the lock) because some a***hole tryed stealing it out of the driveway, it has smut lock but whats the point its not like you can hear it activate and the red flashing light just helps em see what thay are doing in the dark

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
Quote:
yeh fair enuf, no cars are un stealable but do some of you C*** have to explain how to do it. it would be piss funny if some low life s**t actually reads this and uses your information to break into a drive of with your car.
seriously some of you are f**k idiots plain and simple.

No need for the language, but i really do agree with you. This is a really stupid thread, if a car theif can steal a car, they can also go to an internet cafe and look at this thread, and find out everyones dirty little secret locations for fuel cutoffs, injector cutoffs, spark cutoffs, how they all work, and how they are wired up.

And lets no forget the author of the blonde story, mate you have just written the best newseller:

'stealing falcons for dummys.' - In 30 seconds, learn how to open a smartlock car with a ruler, then how to drive off into the sunset in it.

I mean really, some people dont think. This site is open for everyone to look at, including car theifs.

HERE ARE SOME ANTI THEIFT DEVICES THAT MAY SCARE THE THIEFS HAVE A LOOK http://www.stickdeath.com/2002auto.html

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

what theif is going to learn how to steal cars from a forum....with the info given here I couldnt do it...

we all know the early falcons and commodores and probably every other old car are easy to steal, ie the dipstick trick. you would be mad not to have some other security with these cars.....our EF's r no different - we should know what the vulnerabilities r, the theifs do!!!

so its ok to mention how the EA locks r pitiful but not to mention that the tibbe locks r also..

this sort of thread is good because it shows us that being complacent and thinking smartlock will save you is only going to end in tears..

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

mrnasty wrote:

And lets no forget the author of the blonde story, mate you have just written the best newseller:

'stealing falcons for dummys.' - In 30 seconds, learn how to open a smartlock car with a ruler, then how to drive off into the sunset in it.

I mean really, some people dont think. This site is open for everyone to look at, including car theifs.

that info is just plain wrong, smartlock cannot be deactivated by opening the door locks - its always activated...even when you use the remote its still activated....smartlock is on 100% of the time...

as for removing the the ignition lock - why take the time (its far from fast....the real theifs dont do it like this (but I cant tell u how)

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well mate if you smart lock is armed all the time how in the F*%$ do you ever drive it, i think there has been a breakdown in communication between the words active and armed, i am over it, i think most ppl would know that in saying active i was meaning the emobilizer is active what else does smartlock do ? besised flash a red light?

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

gogetta wrote:
mrnasty wrote:

that info is just plain wrong, smartlock cannot be deactivated by opening the door locks - its always activated...even when you use the remote its still activated....smartlock is on 100% of the time...

as for removing the the ignition lock - why take the time (its far from fast....the real theifs dont do it like this (but I cant tell u how)

well mate it was an example of how a ef could be stolen not a guide, and well i guess you could find a ef in someone's driveway, knock on the door with a gun and demand the keys to it as well, that would work

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EF Falcon Futura

VIC, Australia

I did work experience at a locksmiths back in year 10. First thing they show me is how to break into an EA. Piece of piss easy, and the best thing was they showed me the basic principles of locks on the 80's cars. Best fun that week.

I have an EF and as far as i could care someone could steal my car but someone would be more likely to smash the window and steal my stereo.

EF Futura - EL GT Snorkle, Alpine Head Unit, 17" CSA Avenger rims, Ford foot mats.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fastleno wrote:
well mate if you smart lock is armed all the time how in the F*%$ do you ever drive it, i think there has been a breakdown in communication between the words active and armed, i am over it, i think most ppl would know that in saying active i was meaning the emobilizer is active what else does smartlock do ? besised flash a red light?

settle, I wasnt having a go at you....im over it as well and not trying to start an argument - but for those that dont understand smartlock, all it is is a signal sent by the ignition lock to the ecu when you try to crank the motor. it is active all the time - the ecu must see the code or it will not activate the injectors or coil(s)...the smartlock remote only activates the central locking and has nothing to do with the ECU....

smarlock is good in a way that it makes old school hotwiring impossible (unless you send it the right code)..

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

gogetta wrote:
fastleno wrote:

settle, I wasnt having a go at you....im over it as well and not trying to start an argument - but for those that dont understand smartlock, all it is is a signal sent by the ignition lock to the ecu when you try to crank the motor. it is active all the time - the ecu must see the code or it will not activate the injectors or coil(s)...the smartlock remote only activates the central locking and has nothing to do with the ECU....

smarlock is good in a way that it makes old school hotwiring impossible (unless you send it the right code)..

no worries i didnt take offence to anythink i just thought you were being a smarty, so i was too. anyways well we are talking about smartlock and you seem to know a bit more bout it than the average joe, my eb has smartlock but it has never had the remote, i have never bothered with it cos its not a lot of drama to use the key. if i buy a new remote how do get it to learn the code for my car, i have been mening to rind ford but keep forgetting

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

never had to do it myself...but there r instructions on how to do it in the tech docs section - under smartlock...

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:26 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL II XR8

Power: 146 rwkw

SA, Australia

my EL xr8 had the little tin bits knicked off today !! mighty p****d. the car has a 2 point immoboliser with alarm so it was point less but now it looks s**t.

Was wondering, could you use say an EL rear door handle, to replace the drivers side door handle w/ key barrel, so there is no exposed lock barrel, would this affect the locking seqeuence or anything to do with smartlock, say just tucking the barrel away or something. inside the handle, is there room ? solely relying on the remote for opening the doors ?

spare battery a must!!

EL II XR8 - project powerdyne.
www.modfordclub.proboards101.com
www.mumbo.com.au

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EFNWIKD6 wrote:
my EL xr8 had the little tin bits knicked off today !! mighty p****d. the car has a 2 point immoboliser with alarm so it was point less but now it looks s**t.

Was wondering, could you use say an EL rear door handle, to replace the drivers side door handle w/ key barrel, so there is no exposed lock barrel, would this affect the locking seqeuence or anything to do with smartlock, say just tucking the barrel away or something. inside the handle, is there room ? solely relying on the remote for opening the doors ?

spare battery a must!!

if you plan to have them so there not exposed why have them at all, you shouldnt need em, unconnect the barrrels and rods from the locking mech leaving the rod to the actulators.
just a question what if ya leave you lights on or run ya battery flat. you would have to climb throgh the boot and somehow fold down the seats

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder

TAS, Australia

you could also have some exposed 12V terminals somewhere hidden and use a second battery to 'jump' the alarm if you flatten the battery.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 7  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next