Fordmods Logo

EF safe from theives? 

Page 4 of 7 [ 96 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:23 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EFII Sedan

QLD, Australia

Thats what I did to my dads car with his electric hood lock. Ciggy lighter socket in the boot to charge/jump if it went flat, or he'd never get his battery out :)

EF II Sedan
Ex Chaser, Dual Fuel (Impco LPG)
LSD High, 3.23, Black wheels, other shiny bits.

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

cool idea EBgizmo

thats what id have to do cause i got a LPG tank blocking it all up

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL - Fairmont

VIC, Australia

i actually thought about putting a EL rear door handle on the drivers door just so i wouldnt have a lock barrel there. i figured out theyre not the same size and i would need to get the exposed hole bogged up and the whole door resprayed

'97 EL Fairmont - 2.5" catback system, K&N Panel Filter, Redback Xtractors, NGK-R's, Eagle One 9mm Leads.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:40 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: AU

VIC, Australia

These cars are pretty easy to get in, Smartsheild is the one that is hard.
Smartsheild came out in late AU1onwards. Smartlock is easy as to get though if you are stealing the car. My mates EF got stolen twice in a matter of months.

The only option is an aftermarket alarm and insurance cause if they really want your car they will get it, no matter what. I have heard of this bulgarian guy that can breakin and start the latest Mercs and BMW in a matter of minutes.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XC V8

SA, Australia

all i can say is ite easyer to get in a VL VK comira and most old cars, i have a comira and you can inlock it with a small screw driver on both sides. but i dont realy care as i only oayed $50 for the thing, the falcon im not telling any of my tricks there but i will tell u your going to need a hell of alot of force to find my alarm/imobiliser thats if u can find it. did a bit of custom work where you wouldnt think to look.

1976 XC falcon
182 Clio Sport

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

when i used to have this 85 Cressida It had a wicked Alarm System

i would be able to start the car from a distance aka remote start what i also kind of did is hooked up a switch in the Demister cancelled the demister and had a cut switch that was hooked up to the key barrel so turning the key nothing would happen well didnt start everything else happened like radio and s**t like that

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Somebody managed to get into the boot of me dad's EL. The key now doesn't work. They tried to get in through the back seats, but they couldn't kick them down. Weak s**t.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

there is one way to stop thieves from taking your car''. put a big a** dog in the car and see how far thay get ha ha ha

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

msman wrote:
we'll put it simply that when it first came out smartlock was one of the best systems going around, but as with everything it has gotten old and people know how to break it, so to stop your car from getting stolen get an alarm.

LOL alarms dont stop thieves. Any thief who can hotwire a care (especially bypassing smartlock) can bypass an alarm.

Also the fact is alarms do s**t. Ive had my car stol;en with an alarm, any1 who lives in a capital city (eg sydney) will know that when a car alarm goes off people dont co9me out of their houses in nighties to be good samaritans and stoip the thief, nor do they get up at 4 am and callthe police to report a car being stolen.

Lucky for me i drive a 68 Mustang, and because there are very few of them in australia theres little worry of it being stolen and stripped for parts.

In the event it does happen im insured for 50k lol.

Theres no real way to stop ur car being stolen, best u can do is to have a device that tracks the cars location via GPS, that way when the car is stolen, you have a greater chance of recovering it.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

There are a lot of cars stolen now, as a result of home burglaries as well.

Theiving can't breaks into your house to get the keys to your pride and joy and then drives away, no more to pay!

Happened to me back in '98. My beautiful EBII XR6 was liberated from my possession in exactly that way!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF 95' Fairmont

WA, Australia

andrewts wrote:
Somebody managed to get into the boot of me dad's EL. The key now doesn't work. They tried to get in through the back seats, but they couldn't kick them down. Weak s**t.

lol there not weak s**t ask till_lind about how much of a pain in the a** they are :P:P

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Oh no I meant weak in the sense that they stoop so low as to break into a car like that. I mean, I stole a pack of butter menthols, but I went back and bought them for christ's sake! I have no doubt that those seats are Built Ford Tough!

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Cy4NiD3 wrote:
andrewts wrote:

lol there not weak s**t ask till_lind about how much of a pain in the a** they are :P:P

Lol, they are tough, tough seats. But you can squease your arm through the middle ofcourse.

I recnetly got the most expensive system JB HiFi have, by Python. So I feel a bit more comfortable leaving my car. Plus it has the whole pager thing, so I always know what's going on back at my car.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

WA, Australia

fastleno wrote:
the smart lock is also deactivated by the door locks, if you stick a 30 cm steel ruler between the glass and the window seal its easy to unlock the door (5 to 10 sec if you know the right place a young chick once showed me how to do it, when i locked my ea keys in at the supermarket, i was impressed and a little turned, love a chick who now's her way around a car :P ) then it takes about 2 mins to undo the two lugs on the sterring lock (Small screw driver and a small hammer) then undo the one flat screw on the holding the ignition switch (in seconds) put a screw driver in the slot in the ignition switch turn and there away, oh yer and i did bang the nice helpfull blonde turned out locking keys in a car isnt allways a bad thing

Hmmm. Signs of a miss spent youth

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

WA, Australia

Gaz wrote:
my old corona had the best immobiliser ever ;)

underneith the floor mat there was a key hole with a special cut key, you have to put the key in and actually turn the fuel line on and leave the key in there while driving..

i actually forgot myself at times when in a rush, i would get about 100m and the car would just stall

I remember them...top idea.. Think they were marketed as "Stop Fuel Immobilisers"... When i had one, i used to activate it before i left the vehicle ..let it do it's thing..ie motor runs out of fuel , then take the key (from in line fuel tap)...like to see someone steal it after that, !!!

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 7  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next