Fordmods Logo

EF stalling and sometimes half starting 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EF stalling and sometimes half starting
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

ok let me explain my nf has been a stalling problem were it almost stalls since ive owned but i always just put it in park for a sec then it wont do it for a while so its never bothered me enough but its doing it more commonly ive been told could be the map sensor (something i havent even touched yet)

and in the past few days a new problem has arisen and im wondering if its map sensor related
sometimes when i go to wind it over it winds like a champion and a few cylinders fire it half comes to life ill either hit the accelerator or stop and wind it over again and it runs perfect without a hiccup then

things ive replaced that i seriously doubt are the cause

Ignition leads (9mm eagle eliminators)
spark plugs (standard NGK replacement)
Fuel filter

could the map sensor also cause my cars cold start problem thats its renown for on this forum were it runs i go to take off while its cold and the motor half dies looses alot of power (im beging to think its gearbox related as it only ever does that when its about to change gear) once its had its cold start problem it runs fine

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: EF stalling and sometimes half starting
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XR6 Falcon XG

WA, Australia

what made you change the fuel filter? My ute had similar problems (due to being run solely on lpg though) and all the crap in the fuel system was half the problem.

Post subject: Re: EF stalling and sometimes half starting
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

changed the fuel filter when i bought the car

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]