EF starts but stops when key in run position 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: EF starts but stops when key in run position
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon EF

VIC, Australia

Hi,

After searching though the forums I cannot find any help on this issue.

Problem first occurred when driving and lost power, electrics were on, had power steering, I tried a rolling start as it's a manual but it wouldn't run (whilst coasting down the Westgate bridge!). I was running on LPG which is an aftermarket conversion.

The starter motor starts the engine but when the key switches back to run the motor drops out, no revs can be made. This happens for both petrol or LPG.

Mechanic replaced the fuel pump relay (green one) and fixed the problem for a week. Same problem, starts but won't continue to run.

I tried disconnect / reconnect the ECU relay, fuel pump relay. Tested both using the battery and the operate including the original fuel pump relay. Disconnect the battery for 1/2 hr to reset the ECU. Clean the battery terminals with hot water. Still no running. However magically this morning the car started and continued to run. My wife isn't keen on being stranded with our two young kids so unless this can be sorted out reliably then I'm up for another car. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]