Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: EF XR6 manual and ED XR6 auto
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Hey fellas
just wana get peoples thought on what they think of a race between a EF XR6 manual and a ED XR6 auto up to about 80km/h cos i had this race the other day and i was pretty surprised by the resault.

Cheers
Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

EF should win if driver knows how to drive?

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA

VIC, Australia

ef xr6 manual will win

Ford Falcon EA Naturally Aspirated 4.0L i6
13.797 @ 157.16km/h (Limiter Bounce)

1/4 Mile Video

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

scratch up another for the EF.. more power at engine, less loss through driveline, more aggressive gearing in the gearbox... Unless he took off in 3rd by mistake... :P

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:56 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I'll say it one more time, for people that missed it.
E-Series manual > E-Series auto.
If you won, your mate cannot drive for s**t.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

mate...... this was on a private road or dragstrip, right?

Banned

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Yes private road :roll:
Nar i know that i was guna lose but i gave i a shot anyway, i will race anyone just for the fun of it, the EF wasnt my friend i had never seen him b4 in my life but i was shocked by the fact that he didnt bet me by as much as i thought he would have, he took off the first time and we both didnt really know if the other one was goin to be givng it any stick so we both hesitated then we both gave them a boot full and he turped a little bit then we were off and he puled alittle ground on me and then in to second and i was just gettin up into my power (gota love the long 1st gear) and by the time i ran out of 1st gear (5,300 bout 77km/h) i would have been up to his rear dorr or wheel and the race was over cos i only have 1st and 3rd so i cant really race anymore.
A few k's later and we lined up again and this time we both new it was on, but neither took of as hard as they could, i mean i only stalled my car up 2 1000rpm and i recon he could have lurnched alot harder then he did but anyway this time he put a bit more ground on me in 1st and then i was winding out again and he was already in second, by the time i was maxing out again, we will say 80km/h, he only had half a car lenght on me, now does this sound right to you guys? cos i personaly thought he would have beaten me by abit more.

Cheers
Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:45 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
now does this sound right to you guys?

It doesn't sound like anything. It proves/disproves absolutely nothing.
Go to a dragstrip for f**k sake.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
Yes private road :roll:
Nar i know that i was guna lose but i gave i a shot anyway, i will race anyone just for the fun of it, the EF wasnt my friend i had never seen him b4 in my life but i was shocked by the fact that he didnt bet me by as much as i thought he would have, he took off the first time and we both didnt really know if the other one was goin to be givng it any stick so we both hesitated then we both gave them a boot full and he turped a little bit then we were off and he puled alittle ground on me and then in to second and i was just gettin up into my power (gota love the long 1st gear) and by the time i ran out of 1st gear (5,300 bout 77km/h) i would have been up to his rear dorr or wheel and the race was over cos i only have 1st and 3rd so i cant really race anymore.
A few k's later and we lined up again and this time we both new it was on, but neither took of as hard as they could, i mean i only stalled my car up 2 1000rpm and i recon he could have lurnched alot harder then he did but anyway this time he put a bit more ground on me in 1st and then i was winding out again and he was already in second, by the time i was maxing out again, we will say 80km/h, he only had half a car lenght on me, now does this sound right to you guys? cos i personaly thought he would have beaten me by abit more.

Cheers
Griffo

hahahahaha sorry griffo but the exact thing happened to my auto, i only had 1st and 3rd and i would never ever ever race it when it was like that. hell i was even scared to drive up hills incase it kicked back in to 1st from 3rd :shock:

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

yea the gearbox is f**k, sum times i will be cruzing along at bout 80 and then if i plant my foot it drops back 2 1st so i just back off and it goes straight back 2 3rd, it only does that when i have full throttle, its okay to race cos most of the raods are speed limited to max 80 so yea i never really break the speed limit cos its not like there is traffic lights in the middle of the highway or anything, except on the highway goin from fyswick to tuggers, thats stupid.
What i meant was do other ppl think that the EF should have beat me by more then what he did or should that be around the mark?

Cheers
Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]