Fordmods Logo

EF XR6 Suggestions? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: EF XR6 Suggestions?
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

FrankTheDuck wrote:
Cheers mate, I'm starting to lean towards the turbo option, But no fitting will be done my self as honestly id have no idea what I'm doing.

im not sure if your takin the piss in this thread or if your serious, but i will tell you now you will want to research how turbo's/charger's work and learn how to be 'hands on' with repairs and diagnosis when you put boost into your e-series or you better have deep pockets and lots of patience

nearly EVERY eseries build thread ive come across ALL have some sort of issues, and most people have some sort of clue as to whats going on and how to fix it. You will be up s**t creek if you have to put the car on a trailer and ship it to the bloke who fitted/tuned the turbo/charger everytime theres some sort of gremlin that needs looking at.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

No, no s**t is being taken here, I do have no clue atm. One can always learn tho if one is interested enough.

I know with knowing nothing my self it can/will end up costly As time goes on and on I'll learn more tho. I'm just asking questions now as to peoples views, what i should maybe do, The better path's to take that sort of thing.

No such modifications would come for months yet (excluding exhaust and the such) And i can always learn all i need to within that time. Or at least try.

Frankie

Signature removed. Refer to forum guidelines.....

^^^ Makes a lovely Siggy, Think i'll stick with it :D

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

honestly, if you want a powerful car, buy a powerful car as my boss says(manual ve malloo)

But if you are seriously fixed on the old xr, I personally as much as you say you don't know whereto start, I say your wrong, because asking questions and looking into things is where we all start, followed by giving it a go, especially the more you know about the car, and what's up the less likely you'll end up, up s**t creek.
After all I'm sure there's member over there that could help you get bitten by the bug.

If your more just after something a bit more fun to drive, well is it auto or manual, as manual conversion, are a winner enjoyment vs dollar imo.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:37 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: el xr6, r33 series 2 skyline

Power: 149 rwkw

SA, Australia

give bruce a ring

as far as i know its certified by an engineer

and when i ment the whole kit i ment everything to ensure reliablity with power

it includes dyno tunning

all u hav to do is let him hav yah car for a few days or a week, pick it up and pay 5 grand

and u will have a turbo with no messing about from you

God made s**t, Holden put wheels on it

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:08 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

It's an auto, I have considered the Conversion, But since moving to the city (yes im a country bastid) I've honstly gotten sick of changing gears every 10 seconds. I've been buzzing around in a lil Hyundai Excel and it was great in the country no lights, not as many people who couldn't drive and not having to change gears every 10 seconds.

Its driven me mad since i moved to adelaide lol. Tho yes it is alot more fun to drive.

Adn as to the asking questions, well yes i didn't wanna just walk into a shop and sound like a total d!ickhead coz i knew nothing at all. And i am interested in learning as i go which i find easiest. And in the end if something goes wrong all i've lost is a car.

I'll have to get in contact with the bruce guy in Lonsdale, tho i may have found a mate who can help me out :D

Now another question, On the topic of Extractors and exhausts, can some one explain to me why (other then the beefy sound that comes with it) these mods are done? I've read it can increas power slightly but is there other reasons also? And those with an EF Whta have you gone with (if you have) And are you happy with it?

Cheers for all the help so far guys :D As i siad i don't know alot but you gotta start somewhere and you guys are helping :P

Frankie

Signature removed. Refer to forum guidelines.....

^^^ Makes a lovely Siggy, Think i'll stick with it :D

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2