Fordmods Logo

EL 4ltr stroker 

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

colin55 wrote:
I would like to try and 'decrease the stroke' and 'increase the bore' and keep aprox the same engine capacity and see how hard you could get it to rev.
correct me if i am wrong, this would increaes top end power but kill the low down torque?

you wont get a big enough bore to get a worth while decrease in stroke to make it worth while. which is why said to go for 3.8L with a 40thou bore and a shorter stroke.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:41 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

my brother in law uses 4 litres as his speedway engines and he smashes everything in his class. i know they are speedway engines but the newest one got dynoed at almost 400 hp. there was a huge difference in the brand of headers/extractors with pacemakers being the best. i guess what i am saying is that these engines have huge potential.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Gaz wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
rannaman wrote:
how would oversizing the bore 40" decrease cacpacity? unless your talking about bore to stroke ratio or something??

it wouldn't.
what i was saying is decrease the stroke to to the piont at which you get 3.8L when using a 40thou over bore.

you would end up with a square engine at about 93.3mm stroke and bore with a piston speeds of 4285 at 7000rpm
as aposed to 4561 for the stock stroke.

you'd also get a 6mm longer rod which will help alot witht he poor stroke rod ratio the engine has

i smell something someone should try when their bored ;)

Ohh s**t yes!! I would love to see this done. Would be a really interesting experiment! 8-)

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

clydetj wrote:
my brother in law uses 4 litres as his speedway engines and he smashes everything in his class. i know they are speedway engines but the newest one got dynoed at almost 400 hp. there was a huge difference in the brand of headers/extractors with pacemakers being the best. i guess what i am saying is that these engines have huge potential.

400fwhp would be well over 200rwkw. id like to see what was done to achieve this.? any further info?

and spinning a 4l to 8 grand.. that id like to see. the piston speeds would be absolutely phenominal, the weight of the piston would be incredible.

still dyno graph?
-mitch

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

mitchg911 wrote:
clydetj wrote:

400fwhp would be well over 200rwkw. id like to see what was done to achieve this.? any further info?

and spinning a 4l to 8 grand.. that id like to see. the piston speeds would be absolutely phenominal, the weight of the piston would be incredible.

still dyno graph?
-mitch

200rwkw+ seems the norm in speedway racing. Huge cams, big carby's and methanol all help.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

NSW, Australia

200rwkw+ is somehow achieveable, fair enough.. With great difficulty and no driveability.

But revving to 8 grand?? I call s**t. Thats beyond ridiculous.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

stockstandard wrote:

200rwkw+ seems the norm in speedway racing. Huge cams, big carby's and methanol all help.

seems to be alot of claimed 200rwkw+ speedways engines, and alot of smoke being blown up speedway racers a*** from a few people on this site.

still havn't seen any proof of these engines or proof that they are in some way streetable and would even run on 98octane petrol.

which makes it all pretty much usless, as almost all of us here are playing with our daily cars, not race cars.

there is no doubt 200+ is doable, when dealing with a race only engine, but i'd sure as hell love to see a streetable engine with that output.

I'd also love to see some of these people get there hands dirty and put in to practice what they preach to every all the time. because what they are showing us isn't at all that impressive from people that talk it up so much

you know who you are :wink:

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

seems to be alot of claimed 200rwkw+ speedways engines, and alot of smoke being blown up speedway racers a*** from a few people on this site.

still havn't seen any proof of these engines or proof that they are in some way streetable and would even run on 98octane petrol.

which makes it all pretty much usless, as almost all of us here are playing with our daily cars, not race cars.

there is no doubt 200+ is doable, when dealing with a race only engine, but i'd sure as hell love to see a streetable engine with that output.

I'd also love to see some of these people get there hands dirty and put in to practice what they preach to every all the time. because what they are showing us isn't at all that impressive from people that talk it up so much

Of course they dont run on 98 and of course they are not streetable. If the existance of such engines bothers you just close your eyes and pretend they dont exist :lol:

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

stockstandard wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

Of course they dont run on 98 and of course they are not streetable. If the existance of such engines bothers you just close your eyes and pretend they dont exist :lol:

thats not the bit that bothers me. text book boy

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:05 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

yeah you guys are right...as i stated they are race engines and dont run on 98 etc..

but wouldn.t it be fun to chuck one of these in a cortina or something?
fun being the operative word...far from practical though.

the young bloke that works there as well has a 250 xflow in a TE that does a 12.(not turbo) that one has fully programmable efi, big ports, big compression...you get the idea. was in a mag a couple of months ago, can't remember which one. will find out. [/quote]

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:10 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

yeah you guys are right...as i stated they are race engines and dont run on 98 etc..

but wouldn.t it be fun to chuck one of these in a cortina or something?
fun being the operative word...far from practical though.

the young bloke that works there as well has a 250 xflow in a TE that does a 12.(not turbo) that one has fully programmable efi, big ports, big compression...you get the idea. was in a mag a couple of months ago, can't remember which one. will find out. [/quote]

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

what class do they run 400hp 6's in speedway?

Havnt been for years, should get back into it

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

you usually have something worthwhile to read but that post was possibly the dumbest post i have ever read. There are lots of ford 4.0/4.1 motors puttiong well over 350hp in speedways cars.. how can u deny this? have u ever been to speedway meeting?

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

NSW, Australia

was that on the JMM dyno? :lol:

But seriously, is there dyno sheets, first Ive heard of this, would be keen on having a looky.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont 5.0

SA, Australia

I don't think you'll have much luck finding people who want to give out dyno sheets of race motors.

Try finding out just how much power a V8SC is REALLY putting out for instance. Almost impossible, especially from a larger team.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next