Fordmods Logo

el falcon vent/heater stuck on & no controls work excpt fan 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: el falcon vent/heater stuck on & no controls work excpt fan
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

ok well question number 2, i dont ever use vent anyway i only use air con on recirc so would be a way of closing it off for now without dash out,?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
It is possible you have busted flaps...

lol :D

i have investigated which flap your talking about on pass side, and it was hard to open by hand and leaves and s**t fell out so it hasent been opened for a while,seems i could probably jam it open leaving it on recirc for the time being but will need to fix it sooner or later, doesnt the bottom half of the el dash come away from the top half? meaning i could just remove that and fix it?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:18 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

if it was hard to open and tries to spring closed (as opposed to just falling with gravity) then it wouldn't be broken... Possibly unplugged?

The bottom half of the ED dash comes out too... Thought I don't think it is enough to get the box out... Thought I may be wrong... I've done other things while I've had the dash out... Which need the dash out... So never tried with just the bottom half removed... Give it a whirl... Can only not work... You may take it off and find it is unplugged... Not needing to come out...

Give it a whirl and let us know...

Everybody has busted flaps every now and then :P

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
if it was hard to open and tries to spring closed (as opposed to just falling with gravity) then it wouldn't be broken... Possibly unplugged?

The bottom half of the ED dash comes out too... Thought I don't think it is enough to get the box out... Thought I may be wrong... I've done other things while I've had the dash out... Which need the dash out... So never tried with just the bottom half removed... Give it a whirl... Can only not work... You may take it off and find it is unplugged... Not needing to come out...

Give it a whirl and let us know...

Everybody has busted flaps every now and then :P

busted flap on a box or 2 haha.
will have to go have a look now, i wont it to be stuck on recirculate if anything because the outside air coming in from it is hot and makes the car hot, will also need to look at that other leaver,

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

my problem is that it wont open on its own, it feels sticky when i pull on it for a centimetre or so, and i found that if i pull it 1cm open and then push the button onto recirculate it opens on its own, then shuts again when i push vent, and sometimes opens itself up again once the button is pushed, but not always, so now i just have it set to recirculate and its fine,
thanks for the help timmyA

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

can always see if you can box out and clean it... easier than repairing it...

No worries mate!

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
can always see if you can box out and clean it... easier than repairing it...

No worries mate!

Cheers,
Tim

yeah i have a mate whose good at dash out jobs i just remembered lol, have now discovered that it shuts once the car turns off and i need to pull it open again once i turn the car bak on, so what ill have to do is pull the dash out, will remove the centre consol s**t out one day and then when im not working and hes not busy ill have to pull the dash forward and at least have a look, maybe it just needs a clean and some wd40 on the moving parts?

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:12 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

it's all plastic... shouldn't need any WD40... A clean should suffice... Split the box with the recirc flap and clean all the pivots and that... May be gummed up somehow...

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

also discovered that its not getting enough power sometimes to run the air con or fan or anything, the light is on but very dim on the vent side of the button and if i touch anything else the light goes out/nothing turns on, then all of a sudden out of no where it will work?

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

ah good question...

Nothing else in dash looses power?

The alternator works? The dash earth is good? Fuse is the right size? Could be damaged wiring or a faulty control unit? You're on your own there...

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
ah good question...

Nothing else in dash looses power?

The alternator works? The dash earth is good? Fuse is the right size? Could be damaged wiring or a faulty control unit? You're on your own there...

the radio is wired to straight power because it had the same problem, and the cig lighter had the same problem,

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

check the dash earth then? it is under that cowling that comes off the top of the dash... two screws in the tweeter grills... At least it is on the ED anyway...

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yep theres an earth there, have some across it before when removing the whole car looms on the ef, will check that when i have a free day

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 94 ed falcon

NSW, Australia

Hi all. First post, so go easy on me. :) I thought this topic is close enough to my problem. I have an ed falcon. Vent is stuck on demist. Heater and internal/fresh air switches work fine. Pulled dash apart and found nothing wrong. After reading on here, it's obviously a vacuum problem. Only loose hose i could find is coming out of firewall on passengers side. 2 small hoses are coming out. One green which is hooked to a vacuum, and one black, same size, going nowhere. I can't find where this hose goes. Is this the hose causing the trouble?? If so, I'd be very happy if someone could tell me where this goes. It's stinking hot....need my air con 8-)

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

orange_ed wrote:
Hi all. First post, so go easy on me. :) I thought this topic is close enough to my problem. I have an ed falcon. Vent is stuck on demist. Heater and internal/fresh air switches work fine. Pulled dash apart and found nothing wrong. After reading on here, it's obviously a vacuum problem. Only loose hose i could find is coming out of firewall on passengers side. 2 small hoses are coming out. One green which is hooked to a vacuum, and one black, same size, going nowhere. I can't find where this hose goes. Is this the hose causing the trouble?? If so, I'd be very happy if someone could tell me where this goes. It's stinking hot....need my air con 8-)

All the vacuum lines hook up to the intake manifold on the firewall side. There is a cone shaped fitting right on the end. The hvac one is black or green. Just look to see if there is one floating around near the washer bottle.

Cheers,

-Evan

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next