Fordmods Logo

EL GT snorkel to EF? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

oh here it is boys, the stock v8 snorkel is the same small one as the 6 cylinders have, so don't get a normal v8 snorkel, no matter what a ford dude says. the el gt/xr8 is a bigger snorkel, thus allowing more air flow. i know it gives more airflow but performance doubt it NOT noticable with stock car, also i know it will give more throttle reponse with high flow filter and more economy. Be alot better if ur car needs more effcient air or not stock, ie exhaust etc.

Um all other inductions like ss inductions, $300.. i certainly wouldn't bother, plus what kind of kw's u may get...2kw extra at flywheel if lucky, squeezing kw's plus....$300 just stuff that and get el gt/xr8 for around $45 (depends where etc).

U prob can't tell diference from either the snorkels if ur cars like under 140rw kw..cos prob pretty much same air flow (nearly same). i don't know on that.

The el gt/xr8 may look standard, but beasty cos larger all way, thats why looks better, also cos u can say to people it came from factory, not like ss inductions that u have under the bonnet and for peice of plastic set u back $300 plus.. i think. (no offence to anyone that has bought ss or loves ss)

Do what u think..

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Theres some threads about the difference of sizes between the normal snorkel and el gt/xr8.. someone has posted them down, with pics etc.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2