Fordmods Logo

EL GT snorkle 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: EL GT snorkle
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:19 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 314

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Fairlane

Location: Cairns, Far North Queensland
QLD, Australia

Just wondering, does the EL GT snorkle look any different to a standard one (apart from the size)? Also, did xr's get a different snorkle to standard models? The reason I ask, is that the snorkle I have now came from an EL XR (PYROAY to be exact), but it has a larger mouth than the one that was originally fitted to the car.

 

_________________

EL GLI, White
Power windows, Fairmont/Ghia door trims, converted to manual, extractors, zorst, wade cam, stereo, Tickford ECU, Tickford body kit, XR wheel.....

Mods to come: 3:45 LSD sitting in shed!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 940

Joined: 10th Sep 2005

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

The XR6/8 snorkel is exactly the same as the GT one. If you ring up ford to order one they will tell you this.

 

_________________

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1310

Joined: 12th Dec 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

The EL GT snorkle doesn't have the tickford wings on it. The XR8 one does. The EL GT one has the mounting holes in the correct position so you don't have to drill your own holes like you do in the XR8 one.
Other than that.. they're the same.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 10126

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

don't you only have to drill if you use the AU XR8 snorkles, the EF XR snorkle should fit straight in... :?

 

_________________

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1310

Joined: 12th Dec 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Yeah but it's the AU one that heaps bigger isn't it?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:52 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5858

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

Location: Leederville
WA, Australia

no drilling necessary!

all you need is a hammer & 4inch galv nail! :wink:

 

_________________

R.I.P. Scotty

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3893

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

and a backup radiator handy

 

_________________

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 3794

Joined: 9th Aug 2005

Ride: Hilux

Location: Mornington
VIC, Australia

the EL XR intakes are the same as the GT. the AU XR intakes are different.
im nott oo sure which are bigger, i think the AU but they are slightly different mounting holes

 

_________________

Now driving a Hilux

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 314

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Fairlane

Location: Cairns, Far North Queensland
QLD, Australia

So in other words, there is really not much point in ordering a new "larger" intake then.

 

_________________

EL GLI, White
Power windows, Fairmont/Ghia door trims, converted to manual, extractors, zorst, wade cam, stereo, Tickford ECU, Tickford body kit, XR wheel.....

Mods to come: 3:45 LSD sitting in shed!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 940

Joined: 10th Sep 2005

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

AdamN wrote:
The EL GT snorkle doesn't have the tickford wings on it. The XR8 one does. The EL GT one has the mounting holes in the correct position so you don't have to drill your own holes like you do in the XR8 one.
Other than that.. they're the same.


LowEL is talking about the EF/EL XR8 ones, not the AU XR8 one. Like i said the EL GT intake is exactly the same as the EF/EL XR6/XR8 one, and do not have the tickford wings on them. The AU XR8 one is bigger and has the tickford wings on them, but you need to adapt them to fit an EF/EL.

 

_________________

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 347

Joined: 10th Jan 2005

Ride: 2002 Mustang Cobra

Location: Broadmeadows (Melb. North)
VIC, Australia

Didn't the EF/EL XR6 and XR8 have a smaller snorkle compared to the EL GT?

I was also told that the AU XR8 snorkel is a tiny fraction smaller than the EL GT one.

BUY AN EL GT SNORKEL!

 

_________________

Red 2002 Mustang Cobra

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 940

Joined: 10th Sep 2005

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

mr_rx7_ wrote:
Didn't the EF/EL XR6 and XR8 have a smaller snorkle compared to the EL GT?

I was also told that the AU XR8 snorkel is a tiny fraction smaller than the EL GT one.

BUY AN EL GT SNORKEL!


NO they're exactly the same. Like i said if you ring up ford they'll tell you they're exactly the same. I ordered an EL GT one from ford, and i know it was the gt one because it had the part number label on it starting with GTVE. It's exactly the same as every other EL XR snorkel, i've compared it. Don't get an el gt snorkel, get an AU XR8 snorkel, you will have to drill two holes that's all.

 

_________________

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:15 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Kingkezza wrote:
mr_rx7_ wrote:
Didn't the EF/EL XR6 and XR8 have a smaller snorkle compared to the EL GT?

I was also told that the AU XR8 snorkel is a tiny fraction smaller than the EL GT one.

BUY AN EL GT SNORKEL!


NO they're exactly the same. Like i said if you ring up ford they'll tell you they're exactly the same. I ordered an EL GT one from ford, and i know it was the gt one because it had the part number label on it starting with GTVE. It's exactly the same as every other EL XR snorkel, i've compared it. Don't get an el gt snorkel, get an AU XR8 snorkel, you will have to drill two holes that's all.


cool ill get me one of those =D thanks for the info ^_^

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:20 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 940

Joined: 10th Sep 2005

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

phongus wrote:
Kingkezza wrote:
mr_rx7_ wrote:
Didn't the EF/EL XR6 and XR8 have a smaller snorkle compared to the EL GT?

I was also told that the AU XR8 snorkel is a tiny fraction smaller than the EL GT one.

BUY AN EL GT SNORKEL!


NO they're exactly the same. Like i said if you ring up ford they'll tell you they're exactly the same. I ordered an EL GT one from ford, and i know it was the gt one because it had the part number label on it starting with GTVE. It's exactly the same as every other EL XR snorkel, i've compared it. Don't get an el gt snorkel, get an AU XR8 snorkel, you will have to drill two holes that's all.


cool ill get me one of those =D thanks for the info ^_^

phong =P~


You're welcome mate :) More info for ya:

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=31

alternatively though, instead of drilling holes in your car, just drill holes in the snorkel so that it'll fit into the original holes. You'll se what i mean when you get one :)

 

_________________

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:55 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

And dont' drill too far, or bye bye radiator.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names