Fordmods Logo

EL Intake + Pod 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just to add, then fitted an k and n panel filter, and with this low restriction design i have noticed an increase in performance (rev wise, nothing much for its low cost but noticeable), fuel economy, better throttle reponse and with the air filter clean a much better reving for the car to move and change gears.
If my design wasn't the lowest restricted induction, it wouldn't be far from the best and for its cost lol.
Cost for me, next to nothing.. used ford those 2 parts 80mm flexible tube and that less than 90 degree pipe, pvc cost me $5, ef air box lid from wrecker cost me $10 and i already had a can of engine temp septone black gloss and that is all for the induction.

Other parts which price can not escape, el gt snorkel and k and n panel filter. Pretty much covers all.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

heres what i experimented:
ef(with ef intake) + pod filter = little to no results
el(with el intake) + pod filter = little but noticable difference. in conclusion the el responded better to the pod filter set up. both engines were both stock and in same condition at the time!!! hope that helps a bit

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2