Fordmods Logo

EL or AU I6 engine into NC fairlane, have questions. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EL or AU I6 engine into NC fairlane, have questions.
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

Hey everyone, I know this has been done to death but I haven't found answers to all of my questions yet.

My nc has a wrecked head gasket, and rather than fix that I'm thinking of doing either an EL or au motor conversion with bbm and serpentine/thermos

I have read troymans post from a few years ago at fordmods-technical-documents-diy-f38/troymans-au-engine-into-ea-conversion-using-el-ecu-updated-t40806.html

My questions are as follows

1. My car is on gas, what sort of headaches could that create with both the engine swap itself, and then getting the car running on gas again? (I assume I will have to get somebody to basically reinstall the gas with the new manifold etc.)

2. How hard would it be to have air con working again afterwards. Obviously would need a regas but I have read the the compressor is different too so a/c piping won't go straight onto the el one.

3. How hard will it be to keep cruise control working?

Apologies if these have been covered in the past, I have searched but perhaps not well enough.

Thank you

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Post subject: Re: EL or AU I6 engine into NC fairlane, have questions.
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Hi, as no one has replied....

do a search for TimmyA with his ED

dylby1 wrote:
Hey everyone, I know this has been done to death but I haven't found answers to all of my questions yet.

My nc has a wrecked head gasket, and rather than fix that I'm thinking of doing either an EL or au motor conversion with bbm and serpentine/thermos

I have read troymans post from a few years ago at fordmods-technical-documents-diy-f38/troymans-au-engine-into-ea-conversion-using-el-ecu-updated-t40806.html

My questions are as follows

1. My car is on gas, what sort of headaches could that create with both the engine swap itself, and then getting the car running on gas again? (I assume I will have to get somebody to basically reinstall the gas with the new manifold etc.)

A - maybe need the gas inlet changed to suit? [honestly don't know]

2. How hard would it be to have air con working again afterwards. Obviously would need a regas but I have read the the compressor is different too so a/c piping won't go straight onto the el one.

A - reread Troyman's post again plus TimmyA's post re he's ED

3. How hard will it be to keep cruise control working?

A - not sure

Apologies if these have been covered in the past, I have searched but perhaps not well enough.

Thank you

also maybe to confuse you more try BenJ's wagoon

http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/benj-s-eb-dohc-t5-ghia-wagon-t71774.html

thats about all i know/can help you with

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]