Fordmods Logo

EL XR6 and EL falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EL XR6 and EL falcon
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL futura manual

VIC, Australia

hey im just wondering what are the difference between mods from a el xr6 and a el falcon im thinking of getting a xr6 head is it worth it or should i just work the falcon one up im new on this site so i dont really know lol

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

Hey mate,
from what i can gather the differences between the tickford head and the standard ford head are that the tickford head features slightly larger valves, a higher compression ratio (stardard falcon = 9.3:1, XR = 9.35:1), and the tickford head have some slight porting done to them. The XR cam and ecu are also different to that of a standard falcons. From what i have read unless you plan to change the cam and ecu to xr as well when you change the head the power gains expected are very minimal.

The money you spend buying these xr components would much better be used towards some custom porting, an altech cam and a piggyback ecu. This is my opinion, and is just what i can gather from what most of the guys say on here.

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL futura manual

VIC, Australia

thanx mate and where could i find a piggyback ECU

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

A few companys make them, and i guess it deoends on how far you want to go. Apparently ChipTorque make one for around $600.

I don't know a lot about ecus, but if you do a search in the ecu section of the forums on piggybacks, you get a fair few results come up. The guys really know what they're talking about.
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... =piggyback

Good luck dude :D

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

WA, Australia

2mm bigger exhaust valves, 2kg heavier valve springs, compression up.05, slight porting, is the difference, if you can get one cheap enough, would be better, but as was said, if they want a 1000 for a head, better off doing other stuff.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]