EL XR6 cold air intake? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: EL XR6 cold air intake?
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL XR6

Power: 173 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hello i am looking at getting a cold air intake for my el xr6, are these any good? Or are they just waste of money?

Been looking at the ss induction kit but is there any other ones?

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

EL XR6- 18'' BA XR8 wheels-King Springs-Pacemaker Extractors With a full 3'' exhaust threw..-High Compression pistons-Lumpy cam-Big valves-"head work"-3.45LSD-FPV short throw shifter-Fusion 1000w sub&fusion 350w amp
Next mod, Piggy backed computer and dyno tune! BA intake pipe

Post subject: Re: EL XR6 cold air intake?
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

just get a ba xr6 turbo snorkle , ist much bigger than stock ans is just as goos as the $400 ones.

mine came with a bigger than stock snorkle , i think its off a el gt or el xr8

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

I have SS Inductions Big Mouth on my EF XR6 - it's HUGE, and works well, more air than you can ever use on an N/A six. But you can get most of the gain with the EL GT snorkel. It's about twice the size of the standard snorkel and it's cheap. It also makes less noise than the SS Inductions, but you might want the noise :D . Any good panel filter will be fine. The biggest restriction is the airbox outlet - a piece of 3" PVC pipe with a bell-mouth opens it up nicely. See this excellent article: http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_107828/article.html The EL has no duct inside the top of the airbox like the EF, but actually flows worse, so the info on the airbox outlet is even more relevant to the EL. Have fun.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:43 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Do you know where there are any links to a EL GT snorkel?

EL XR6- 18'' BA XR8 wheels-King Springs-Pacemaker Extractors With a full 3'' exhaust threw..-High Compression pistons-Lumpy cam-Big valves-"head work"-3.45LSD-FPV short throw shifter-Fusion 1000w sub&fusion 350w amp

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It would be almost impossible to get a el gt snorkel , el gt's are rare enough .

Just go to your local for dealer and get a ba xr6 turbo snorkel . Same as the au 3 xr8 snorkel .
It's like $50

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

The part number is EFTVE 9A624 A and the last I heard it was still available new from Ford dealers at a reasonable price. It is apparently the same snorkel as used by EF/EL XR8s. Worth a try, as it is a straight bolt-in, unlike the AU/BA snorkel that needs to be modified slightly.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate i will check it out!

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:42 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef xr6

VIC, Australia

take the airbox out cut a 3 ince hole right under it and run a 3 inchn pipe to the frunt left grill hole down the bottom its the only true cold air intake u can do to them and carnt tell thats its there unless you remove the airbox but if you dont wont to cut up the car use the el gt ones and a 3ince pipe from box to throutle body with smothe bends gets better airflow

EF XR6
K&N PANEL FILTER ulah, CAM, J3 CHIP, 128.3 RWKW, F6 TYPHOON RIMS, FULL TAN AND BLACK INTERIOR, CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL IN PROGRESS..
:)

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF xr6 AU3 220kw xr8

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

I picked up one by random fluke from super cheap about 12 months or so ago, its F*****G huge as and its made for the EF/EL series and was $120 on clearance. Its even bigger than the SS induction mouth. The only downfall is that i had to cut the bottom of the airbox to size to plastic weld the part where the snorkel slots into. All i did to weld the adaptor on was get a half decent soldering iron, mark where the adaptor sits, cut the hole a little smaller so as to leave a little plastic to weld with and away i went. One of my best and cheapest investments. Other than that i get heaps of compliments on it because purely of its size.

If you want pics im happy to post them up tomorrow night after work.

Hope that helps,

Cheers Joel

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU II XR6 UTE

kickn_it wrote:
Hey guys,

I picked up one by random fluke from super cheap about 12 months or so ago, its F*****G huge as and its made for the EF/EL series and was $120 on clearance. Its even bigger than the SS induction mouth. The only downfall is that i had to cut the bottom of the airbox to size to plastic weld the part where the snorkel slots into. All i did to weld the adaptor on was get a half decent soldering iron, mark where the adaptor sits, cut the hole a little smaller so as to leave a little plastic to weld with and away i went. One of my best and cheapest investments. Other than that i get heaps of compliments on it because purely of its size.

If you want pics im happy to post them up tomorrow night after work.

Hope that helps,

Cheers Joel

pics please?

2001 AU II XR6 HP LIQUID SILVER UTE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]