Page 2 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

downingj wrote:
mitchg911 wrote:
just as a comparison kezz pulled 145rwkw on a dyno dynamics a coule of weeks back

with a Rspec3 cam & springs, vernier cam gear, 5spd, extractors and exhaust..

that gear is worth a bit less than 3k..

$725 for the cam springs and vernier.. you should be able to get yourself a decent exhaust and even a 5spd conversion with the remaining $$

not trying to start a fight, but what were the specs on the jmm car that pulled those figures? ie diff, auto/man, etc.. just out of curiosity

-mitch

That's cool mate.

I spent $1500 with JMM and $1800 with the local exhaust shop (for extractors, hi flow cat, and 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust system). My car is a manual EF XR6. I've seen plenty of other JMM equipped cars pull good numbers with the DEV3HL cam too.

What I have yet to see is anyone pull decent numbers from a "stage" cam (Kezz's car being the obvious excpetion). Most people say that they loose a little power down low and gain it up top... Most people are getting around 130rwk with "stage3" cams. I've also yet to see RPD quote an expected power increase for their cams (despite the fact that I have asked a few times in their forums).

I guess it just s**t me that this site is so anti-JMM, yet JMM are clearly are making the best gear available (giving the best power results) for the Falcon. It may not be the cheapest, but it's the best. NQA.

There are people at FM and AFF that would dispute the last statement.
It seems to be a common factor that JMM will not follow up with after market support, unless you spend a heap at their workshop, particularly if the gain you were anticipating has not been achieved.

They then have the audacity to continue to promte themselves in an arrogant manner, this gets up my nose.
If you offer a service you should have the clients interest at heart and assist them to achieve this.

I am not attempting to start an argument, this is my own opinion based on posts from others on both sites, some have had good results, some haven't, consistency is nice.

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:15 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Ive had my car Dyno'd at JMM's an he quoted me about 146 rwkw before doing the work on my car.. but after the Dyno...it came to 144rwkw....I guess...I got robbed of 2 kw's....now...I also had it dyno'd at Dyno-Mite Performance...who has a NEW Dyno...an it came out exactly the same reading....so....JMM's Dyno is good...dont listen to ALL you hear.....

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Denim wrote:
Ive had my car Dyno'd at JMM's an he quoted me about 146 rwkw before doing the work on my car.. but after the Dyno...it came to 144rwkw....I guess...I got robbed of 2 kw's....now...I also had it dyno'd at Dyno-Mite Performance...who has a NEW Dyno...an it came out exactly the same reading....so....JMM's Dyno is good...dont listen to ALL you hear.....

how much did you pay for what you got?
and what MPH do you get at teh drags?

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

hey tickford,

how much do you reckon it would be to give a stock motor to say an engine builder, and put a acl rebuild kit through it, just new pistons, rings and bearings??

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

mrnasty wrote:
hey tickford,

how much do you reckon it would be to give a stock motor to say an engine builder, and put a acl rebuild kit through it, just new pistons, rings and bearings??

here are some prices i got for an EF 6cyl
Hot tanking $90
grind crank $160 or linnish at $80
boring $40 a cylinder ($240)
deck the block $100
rod bolts $85
check and resize rods $230
ACL race rebuild kit $700
reco head $450 (worst case) plus up to $1500 for porting if wanted

these prices are for machining only assembly would be extra

for assembly on a stock rebuild i charge $900
$3700 will get a race bottom end with a stock, hipo cam and springs

for assembly on a performence engines i charge $1760 for assembly

$6500 will get you a performence engine with a full house head, ACL race bottom end, cam and springs

note these prices are not exact but are a good indication of what to expect

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

That sounds like a fair price, Ive done the maths on that stuff before and I come out with about the same figure.

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Just going back to the rpd talk on the last page. I have had a stg 1 cam in my car for a while now, It probably pulls a little less than stock up to about 2300 then watch out, on the track it would make some major differences to times just not too good for the old non stallied auto at the drags......................

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

For my EL Ghia the entire exhaust cost me under $1000, k&N $100, snorkel $35 from ford

I was quoted $600 for cam and lifters and told would punch out 145rwkw.

All for $1735.

Do some shoppin around, Jim Mock seems too dear.

With the extra $1300 slap on a better set of rims.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:13 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Denim wrote:

Tickford_6
how much did you pay for what you got?
and what MPH do you get at teh drags?

Sorry bout the late reply mate but just noticed it today, anyways it cost me $3800, for the following.....
Complete reco head and upgraded to Street fighter specs, which includes shaving and porting the head, also new valves and springs, Dev race Ign leads, and performance plugs, Clean and flow test injectors, multilayer shim steel head gasket, Streetfighter cam kit, which includes the vernier gears, changed the air intake and installed a pod also, dyno tune an test, plus general service of car, includes labor... I brought a set of pacemakers almost new with cat for $270... sooo... all of this gave me an extra 40 kws tested on 2 different Dynos... I dont drag it as yet as I need to do a few more mods before I go into that, I know he's not cheap, but, after a lot of thought and checking into other cams and mods offered by others, costs, and where they were located, I took a lot into account before I decided on JMM, Ive been through this sort of thing many times in the past and I guess one just learns from experience, that cheap is NOT always best.... BUTTT !!... not to say that there arent others out there offering a similar or better service at a better price...

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:20 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

another RPD result, my car pulled 148rwkw untuned. (and would people stop telling me to get it tuned lol... Im getting to that).
That includes:

Rspec4 (Stage 3) cam and springs - $525 (exchange)
6TB Manifold - $1500
DimaSquirt (I love that name). - $1000

I payed basically $3000 to get 148rwkw untuned. And yes, there is more to be had before someone asks, I can post up the dyno graph if you want.

Hopefully It'll be on the dyno next saturday, with a bit of luck.

And after we're all done racing dynos, the strip should come the following wednesday provided my clutch is in by then (its still sitting here).

But either way, going by DYNO LOGIC, Im getting better numbers for alot less money it seems. And this isn't to start more arguments, Im just joining the existing one :lol:

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Concorde

ACT, Australia

whats with you people????

so far i have a stock engine with 2.5" exhaust and an SS CAI and i'm getting 132.6rwkw.

Your talking about pouring $3000+ into an engine to get 150rwkw, for $3000 i would turbo the B**** and get somwhere in the 240-250rwkw.

Maybe i have a freak engine (RE: i kept up with data_mine who had an AU stage 2 RPD cam in an EL hybrid engine, extractors, 2.5"system and computer mods )and i kept up with him to 100km/hr in a car that weighs approx. 2 tons, and i can still beat so many cars on the road.

All i'm saying is for the money you want to spend, you can get alot more than 150rwkw.

2nd Place Summernats19 SQ Comp, Street Pro 0-600 Class
STEREO - 128.7db
JVC EXAD DVD and surround sound
3 X 10" Lanzar Dual Voice Coil 6ohm Subs
4 X 6.5" Alpine S-Type 2-way, front and back
JVC 6.6cm Center Speaker
Engine -
2.5" exhaust, SS Inductions CAI, K&N air filter. 132.6rwkw

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
another RPD result, my car pulled 148rwkw untuned. (and would people stop telling me to get it tuned lol... Im getting to that).
That includes:

Rspec4 (Stage 3) cam and springs - $525 (exchange)
6TB Manifold - $1500
DimaSquirt (I love that name). - $1000

I payed basically $3000 to get 148rwkw untuned. And yes, there is more to be had before someone asks, I can post up the dyno graph if you want.

Hopefully It'll be on the dyno next saturday, with a bit of luck.

And after we're all done racing dynos, the strip should come the following wednesday provided my clutch is in by then (its still sitting here).

But either way, going by DYNO LOGIC, Im getting better numbers for alot less money it seems. And this isn't to start more arguments, Im just joining the existing one :lol:

Cheers

Did you do a before and after dyno run on the 6TB manifold? It would be interesting to see what sort of power gains can be had from that trick looking set-up you've got there. :D

Also, thanks for showing us you're dollar per kw count. Very interesting indeed...

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

concorde wrote:

so far i have a stock engine with 2.5" exhaust and an SS CAI and i'm getting 132.6rwkw.

Your talking about pouring $3000+ into an engine to get 150rwkw, for $3000 i would turbo the B**** and get somwhere in the 240-250rwkw.

Maybe i have a freak engine (RE: i kept up with data_mine who had an AU stage 2 RPD cam in an EL hybrid engine, extractors, 2.5"system and computer mods )and i kept up with him to 100km/hr in a car that weighs approx. 2 tons, and i can still beat so many cars on the road.

All i'm saying is for the money you want to spend, you can get alot more than 150rwkw.

Yeah, weird f**k aren't they? :lol:

Yeah, I made around 135 with a stock engine, 2.5" exhaust, headers and hi flow cat.

Then spent $1500 at JMM (which included a new clutch) and power jumped up to 149 at the rears!

f**k spending $3000 for a similar power gain...You'd be mad IMO... :wink:

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EF Falcon

VIC, Australia

yeah but mines costing round $2500 but i'm after 1/4 times as well and around 200rwhp and i wanna run in the 14s will be dynoed later in the week

EFBIGNIK 145.9 RWKW Falcon / 16.27 @ 86.72mph (Stock)
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/e ... urnout.flv

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

concorde wrote:

turbo it for $3000?????
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahhahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaha
ahahhaahahahhahahahaha
ahahhahahahahahaa
hahahahah
ahahah
ahah
ah
ah
ah

sorry i just found that very funny.

your engine isn't really anything good. most people get around the number with similar mods. i was getting 136rwkw befor i put a $270 cam in it and gat 10 more kw. but do you realy think power comes free?
the further you go the more it costs. the first 20kw might only cost $800 but the next will be twice that

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 6  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next