Fordmods Logo

Electrical Problems 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Electrical Problems
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 EF Futura, 1971 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

My cars fitted with an alarm, yesterday when I went to lock it everytime the alarm engaged it would go off, so i just turned the alarm off and locked the doors with the key. After I finished work I went out to start it and nothing, I noticed that when the doors were unlocked the smart lock light was flashing and when they were locked it wasn't flashing. Then the car refused to lock all together through the remote or key or button on the dash it would go down and come back up again, and the passenger door lock after a while would get stuck. Ive had the alarm go off randomly for no reason for a few weeks now. Also when i took the keys out of the ignition my stereo turned on a couple of times. The battery was drained so fortunately i was able to clutch start it, the battery is roughly just over a year old, The alternator seems fine, possibly BCM? The alarms been in the car for almost 3 years and I have never had this problem before. Any Ideas?

Post subject: Re: Electrical Problems
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

does the smart lock light stay on when you have the ignition full on or when the car is running? could be the bcm could be the ignition if the stereo is staying on when the keys out, could be the alarm playing up, have you gotten the alarm wet recently? mine used to play up if it got wet but i didnt have the same problems that you have

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:46 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

it was only when the ignition was fully on, at first i thought it was the alarm stuffing up but the battery was drained my headlights n everything worked so i thought the battery was fine but jsut tried to clutch it and it worked, alarm hasnt got wet as far as i know but could be a possibility, dont think its the ignition im guessing either something to with the alarm or the bcm but its just weird that the battery is drained as well so im not sure that maybe the stereo kept going on and off all day while i was at work n thats done it? kicked over n started straight away this morning and the alarm is working fine again but the battery still says low charge, also charged the battery last night so possibly its the battery

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:25 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

factory alarm?

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Aftermarket alarm, been in the car close to 3 years now. the alarm wasnt on yesterday and the battery got drained so i have no idea

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]