Fordmods Logo

Eliminator Chip Tune on DEV 5 EL XR6 ...mixed results?????? 

Page 14 of 14 [ 206 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

I'm glad they sorted it all out for you Mark... Do you wanna work on them for me? Hahaha...

If they can fix your cam issues, it shouldn't be too hard to fix exhaust and coolant leaks!!

We'll have to line up again one day :)

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
We'll have to line up again one day :)

Hmmmm, after hearing your new 'lumpy as f**k' idle that day (sounded mean as) ...I'd say you might be spanking me this time around.

Just be patient with BPT mate ...I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

Yep my car still runs the 326rwhp.... however there's a stage 4 kit tuned by bpt and has about 380rwhp if not more.... Apparently its a demon at the track too pulling 12s.....

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Priestly007 wrote:
Yep my car still runs the 326rwhp.... however there's a stage 4 kit tuned by bpt and has about 380rwhp if not more.... Apparently its a demon at the track too pulling 12s.....

Yeah, Terry was telling me about this one ...probably why I got my numbers confused.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Good to hear it is runigngood mate.Mid 14 second car again:)

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR6 & BF GT

WA, Australia

So good to see all the keyboard warriors got it right!!!! :shock:

Good 'ol shoot from the hip, point, hell and blame.....

Glad they've all had their bit of humble pie! (or have they)

D :twisted:

FPV/Tickford Owners Club of WA Member

1992 EBII XR6 - 2005 BF GT - 1978 LWB F-1001992 EBII XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

^^^^^^ hahahaha

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
"The ED" daily - SOLD

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

USELESS wrote:
Good to hear it is runigngood mate.Mid 14 second car again:)

Not forgetting the guy who recently had her for 4 weeks ran a 14.6 in full street trim with the f**k chain guides etc...

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:15 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Falcon BA GT

WA, Australia

Hi Mark and All,

I think we are as happy as you are to see that the job came through. The look on Terry's face when dyno'd after the timing chain assy was repaired was priceless not to mention the "I knew I was right" that followed.

It is rather interesting to read some of these posts however on the perceptions of our tuning technique.
We are very forthcoming when it comes to tuning customers vehicles and will involve the customer to the extent that a customer wants to be involved with his/her car. Here at BPT we do not hold back information on tuning a customers car and what parameters are modified, we believe this is the customers right.

Unlike many other tuning shops in Perth namely one mentioned in this thread we tune conservatively and leave margin for enviromental error in our tunes. It might be unknown to many that we have the ability to read other tuners tunes for some time now and I will add without hesitation that many would be shocked just how bad these tuners lack in knowledge in comparison.

I will also add that we have never had an engine blow, throw a rod or lean out on us on the dyno or on the street to date. There have been 2 engines that we know of that have failed but were built by other companies that claim to be good engine builders.
We garentee and warrant our engines built by us and tuned by us because we can perform all these services under one roof and to our knowledge.

We use the latest scan software and tooling for our diagnostics, plus as mentioned in an earlier post we use a datalogging machine that is coupled to a magnetic based knock sensor that monitors and draws a real time graph based on engine noise and amplitude, This is a visual device which is more accurate than the traditional microphone option.
From this data we can dial timing to MBT which is the maximum timing an engine can tolorate before detonation, once the adders for engine coolant temperature and air charge temperature are subtracted total timing is final.

On the dyno we use one opperator for accredited shootout mode, when we tune the run is aborted if a) we detect knock and b) if the air fuel mixture is above acceptable limits prescribed for the type of vehicle and load mass. e.g. afr 12.5:1 might be ok for a light curb weighted vehicle with effective combustion process but not for a vehicle that has a heavier curb weight and inefficient combustion process.

There seems to be a bit of confusion of the way of timing set up amonst the legend tuners on this thread also. There is a difference between base timing and total timing on a ford not to mention fuel type octane rod adjustment on those that have 5.0L SEFI engines from EB to EL.
base timing is always set to factory specification for the simple reason that the PCM relies on this base setting to make its load and timing calculations correct based on the mapping that we then modify for a vehicles optimum performance.

Last of all, please do not be scared or intimidated to call us and ask for suggestion or tech, we are more than happy to explain how something works than have someone make posts based on knowledge they do not have.
I am also happy to read tunes on vehicles for free that are tuned by other companies for you to see just how bad they are.

Regards,

Barry.

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

In a nutshell right there ...cheers Barry.

As I said before ...my car has been totally transformed ...and I'm definitely sticking with the people I know and trust for the work I have yet to come.

Thanks again to the Batten crew!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:48 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

good stuff...... Im just glad mark you persevered with bpt, as Ive said thousands of times... bpt know their s**t, my car is the perfect example.... They've done things with my turbo that others have told me cannot be done.... The proof is in the pudding as they say.....

EF ECTIV
"The ED" daily - SOLD

Sort by  
 Page 14 of 14  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14