Fordmods Logo

Eliminator Chip Tune on DEV 5 EL XR6 ...mixed results?????? 

Page 7 of 14 [ 206 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:58 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

drop ya exhaust of at the flange behind the cat should sound like a stock car if it dont cats s**t its self

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

xfpaul wrote:
drop ya exhaust of at the flange behind the cat should sound like a stock car if it dont cats s**t its self

isnt it too early to start drinking?

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:19 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

I'm assuming both tuning solutions (the eliminator and chiptorque) use the J port? I've seen people with chiptorque chips pick up 10hp, and a .75hp change says to me that nothing had changed just variation from one run to the next. Perhaps the port is damaged or hasn't had the silicon s**t removed properly so only a partial read is occuring? If it sounds different then it could have a collapsed cat. Big thing here is you need less fuel and more timing, if the J port isn't allowing that then your only real options are to put the dissy back where it was and sort something else out for fuel.

THIS is one of the main reasons I believe in using aftermarket engine management. At least then you know its working and it comes down to the tuner.

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Ok, lets get this straight. was any of those chips custom tuned at all on a dyno?

if its just a preloaded tune then I'm afraid you're expecting to much. those tunes might work on certain set up with excellent result & it might be a dog for some. so the only solution is real time tune with someone that actually knows their s**t!!

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
xfpaul wrote:

What xfpaul was saying was test it without the cat. remembering we're only going through the elimination process.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

get the car going how it was before on the standard ecu with the timing bumped up, get it re-dynod, and tell the tuner this is your benchmark to tune against! if he cant beat that benchmark ask for you money back and tell him to keep the chip!

should be a very interesting result to see!

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

Slick wrote:
Ok, lets get this straight. was any of those chips custom tuned at all on a dyno?

if its just a preloaded tune then I'm afraid you're expecting to much. those tunes might work on certain set up with excellent result & it might be a dog for some. so the only solution is real time tune with someone that actually knows their s**t!!

The Chiptorque Chip has a pre-loaded tune ...apparently for the DEV 5.

The Eliminator Chip is one that can be live tuned on the dyno.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

FAST-XR wrote:
get the car going how it was before on the standard ecu with the timing bumped up, get it re-dynod, and tell the tuner this is your benchmark to tune against! if he cant beat that benchmark ask for you money back and tell him to keep the chip!

should be a very interesting result to see!

That's basically the plan now ...including a compression test / exhaust system check etc.

Not driving her now until the 7th Jan ...Barry's gonna look her over.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Slick wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
xfpaul wrote:

What xfpaul was saying was test it without the cat. remembering we're only going through the elimination process.

fair enough, but i dont get it?

Drop the exhaust and if it doesnt sound 'stock' then the cats f**k?

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

WA, Australia

mark, your car shouldnt be running 149rwhp "BEFORE" ... afterall mine made 179rwhp (N/A) and it constantly stalled and had an AFR of 11:1 and recently discovered rooted piston rings and a headgasket that started to go.
so you should have easily been around the 200rwhp mark

mark, get your money back, sell the chips, and go to Ovaboost or XFT and get an EMS4424 fitted ($1700 fitted and tuned i believe at ovaboost)

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

so negative matt..... XFT never return phone calls anyway I hear :wink:

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Tocchi wrote:
mark, your car shouldnt be running 149rwhp "BEFORE" ... afterall mine made 179rwhp (N/A) and it constantly stalled and had an AFR of 11:1 and recently discovered rooted piston rings and a headgasket that started to go.
so you should have easily been around the 200rwhp mark

mark, get your money back, sell the chips, and go to Ovaboost or XFT and get an EMS4424 fitted ($1700 fitted and tuned i believe at ovaboost)

Yeah Matt ...I was expecting the same figures ...maybe 220-240 rwhp AFTER the tune.

DEV 5 is supposed to produce 170 rwkw (228 rwhp) on the stock ECU ...all I was hoping to do was:

1. Get a true BEFORE dyno sheet (i.e. without any 'Mock' watts')
2. Get a live custom dyno tune with the Eliminator Chip ...smoother running, and maybe a tad more power.
3. Get her down the strip for some possible low 14's N/A.

Either way, I still have to wait until 7th Jan when I can get her back into BPT ...damn s**t time of year to get anything done.

I hope my problem IS something as simple as Ignition timing or a f**k CAT.

An EMS is definitely an option ...I'll just see how this pans out.

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Just to add to tocchi's post. If your future plans are still to turbo, then I would buy either an 8860 or an Autronic SM4. The eliminator chip is NEVER going to be the best solution for your car, as you will be limited to what the standard ecu can handle electrically, ie high impedence injectors, all the factory outputs are of course hooked up to things so you don't have programmable boost control etc.... I think you know my motto....do it once, do it right.

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Delta wrote:
Just to add to tocchi's post. If your future plans are still to turbo, then I would buy either an 8860 or an Autronic SM4. The eliminator chip is NEVER going to be the best solution for your car, as you will be limited to what the standard ecu can handle electrically, ie high impedence injectors, all the factory outputs are of course hooked up to things so you don't have programmable boost control etc.... I think you know my motto....do it once, do it right.

Yep, I hear you :wink:

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

I'm sorry to hear about your dramas mate! I don't know what it is with them and leaving timing set at stock. When I got my car back from them (v8) they left base timiing at 30 degrees and my car was running like s**t (amongst a number of other problems). It was tuned using the twEECer and I was so unhappy with it that I got in contact with Trick Flow in the states to see if they could tell me what's wrong. They told me base timing should be set to 34 - 36 degrees, even higher in some cases due to the alloy heads. I passed this info on to Terry and he pretty much told me that was s**t and dangerous. You'd think the people who manufacture a product would know what it is capable of. I took it back for them to fix a few things and asked him to bump the timing up a bit and see how it goes. After bumping it up to 36 degrees I gained 25hp. I'm still not happy with the way it's running and am just going to get the other issues (exhaust leaks, coolant leaks and ticking) fixed then go and get it tuned elsewhere.

I recommend you do you best to get your money back and go elsewhere also. Don't defend them or stick up for them because as far as they're concerned because they didn't build your motor and don't know what's in there, or in my case because they didn't supply the parts, what's the point of spending/wasting too much time on it? It's a s**t attitude and since I've discovered it, I've lost all faith in them.

Get your base timing reset to where it was, throw it on the dyno and after comparing the results, tell them not to waste anymore of your time or their time and give you your money back.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 14  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next