Engine Oil and Filter Change 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Engine Oil and Filter Change
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Froudey wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:
Ive always been told to stay away from such products. one of my old tafe lecturers used to call them devils oils haha. But seriously if your oil is that dirty then you could buy some cheap oil and run that in the engine for a day and then redo the oil change with another filter.

I agree with you on the Oil Flush, I would NEVER recommend it. Too many people put it into an OLD engine and it tends to remove compression :mrgreen: Just kidding but, I have heard that it can dissolve some of the carbon behind the rings and can leave you worse off.

It is a good idea though to run clean oil a couple of times in a dirty engine to get a lot more rubbish out.

ya reckon?

Yeah personally I would steer clear from putting any additive in my car, weather it be engine flush, radiator flush or injector cleaner.

But its just my opinion mate.

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

in the case of injectors it makes sense. your just trying to force the crap deeper in to the system, not remove it (like if its collected in a filter)

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

What i also do is get the air compressor and put it at the top of the rocker cover and and cover the whole with my hand or a rag and gently blow around. It gets a fair bit of excess oil out

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:18 am 
Fordmods Junkie

GeZza200 wrote:
What i also do is get the air compressor and put it at the top of the rocker cover and and cover the whole with my hand or a rag and gently blow around. It gets a fair bit of excess oil out

Im sure you have done that many a time, but it doesn't sound like a good thing to me. Fair enough its just compressed air, but even one of those plastic clips that hold the lifters in place could get broken off or anything.

lol, what am I talking about, that sounds crazy, forget I said anything. :lol:

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Mate
For years l have always added 1 litre of kerosene to the existing oil in the engine and run the motor for 15minutes DO NOT DRIVE because the oil is too thin this flushes most of the gunk in the motor. check the engine oil light/oil pressure every 5 minutes to ensure you do not loose oil pressure some motors may have trouble. drain the oil after that time . Change the Oil filter wipe some oil on the new oil filter seal and install. Install the new oil , start the engine do not rev the engine until the oil light goes out. Check the oil on the dip stick it will be clear . I do this every time l change the oil and filter good luck

gassa

When the clutch drops the bull s**t stops!!!!!

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

If oil changes were done regularly from new, there would be no sludge build up. My wifes car is a prime example of this, has 102K on it, is an 01 model, and the inside of the engine looks like it was built yesterday, it is that clean.
I drain the oil in the afternoon, ( engine is hot ), leave it all night, fill the oil filter up, fit it, refill engine, using new sump plug washer.
I fill the oil filter, so the engine doesn't run too long without oil.
Here is a pic of an engine that hasn't had regular oil changes.

Attachments:
IMGP2259_resize.JPG
IMGP2259_resize.JPG [ 126.43 KiB | Viewed 124 times ]
IMGP2258_resize.JPG
IMGP2258_resize.JPG [ 190.61 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2