Fordmods Logo

Engine running too cool 

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

"walker" flamed me with a previous post saying basically i was wrong. When I was talking about the emissions, thats why ford used the 92 degree thermostat.

well guess what "walker" i was right about ford using the 92 degree thermostats to meet emission standards.

So stop trying to change the topic about exhaust notes etc..That was covered in a previous post and my exhaust note is deeper at higher rpm , idle is a fair bit quieter. Less sound coming from the pacies when the bonnet is up, Sounds really good again......

And calling me a 'magazine mechanic' i helped Ferr007 get his cpi to mpi conversion working when he was confused and no one was really willing to help him. I might not be an 'A' grade mechanic but i have owned 2 cars in 4 years and they have never been to a mechanics shop once. I do all the repairs myself.

cheers...

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA GT

WA, Australia

Plain and simple wlker is a tosser!
Can't handle people having a opinion on things.
Just because someone is possibly the first person to mention something dosn't mean they are a tool.
Walker = f**k!

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Oh you cut me so deep, i'm going to go into my corner and cry.... Pair of f**k keyboard warriors!

And EL, i didn't flame you saying you were wrong, you bagged Arm who actually has "Experience" and hasn't got it from magazines like yourself.

I take note from experienced people, not wankers who quote web sites and magazines.

Your yet to show me an engine builder who will back up your so called note change through the extractors.
BTW, people who don't put their age in their profile are usually under 17, time for your bath then bed kids.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

kermey wrote:
Plain and simple wlker is a tosser!
Can't handle people having a opinion on things.
Just because someone is possibly the first person to mention something dosn't mean they are a tool.
Walker = f**k!

Kermey, while I agree there are a few people on here like that - Paul is not one of the names that comes to mind!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ah he's just p****d off because he was bagging a guys for sale thread a while back, i asked him to tone it down and he kept going at the guy.
I went offline and he still kept it up and Nicko gave him an official warning.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Kermey - Crop your signature its too long!

And everyone watch what you say or you will all be warned and this thread will disappear!

I dont mind if its an argument based on technical facts but flaming and abusing eachother will not help you or this trhead stay on fordmods

You have been warned

Nicko

Last edited by Nicko on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Walker wrote:
Oh you cut me so deep, i'm going to go into my corner and cry.... Pair of f**k keyboard warriors!

And EL, i didn't flame you saying you were wrong, you bagged Arm who actually has "Experience" and hasn't got it from magazines like yourself.

I take note from experienced people, not wankers who quote web sites and magazines.

Your yet to show me an engine builder who will back up your so called note change through the extractors.
BTW, people who don't put their age in their profile are usually under 17, time for your bath then bed kids.

that BPT article was just to show you that you can run an 82 degree thermostat without the sky falling in.

I found out about the high temp thermostats to combat Emissions from a family friend that use to be an "A" grade mechanic and now works as a marine Engineer on Tug Boats out at Hay Point, Qld.

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Me and Tugger are gonna fight our way across the country.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:
Walker wrote:

that BPT article was just to show you that you can run an 82 degree thermostat without the sky falling in.

I found out about the high temp thermostats to combat Emissions from a family friend that use to be an "A" grade mechanic and now works as a marine Engineer on Tug Boats out at Hay Point, Qld.

The BPT article says squat about thermostat temps. Only mentions XR6T and 5.4 stock thermostats. A far cry from your claims. You're assuming they are 82deg. Could be 87.. could be 89.. Who knows.

And your talking about an "A" grade mechanic.. I know lots of em. But none are Ford engineers that can give you a 100% answer as to why they used a particular part. :?

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I guess if I wanna be a dyno queen, Ill better get me one of those 82 degree thermostat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
even better, since its summer & the air cond running full time. I'll better get them to ease the heat stress from those gridlocks. :lol: :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Last edited by Slick on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:23 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
I guess if I wanna be a dyno queen, Ill better get me one of those 82 degree thermostat.
even better, since its summer & the air cond running full time. I'll better get them to ease the heat stress from those gridlocks.

Thermostats are over rated.
For ultimate coolage, don't run one ;)

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I hope you sort your problem out Hazzard, and sorry your thread got hijacked and turned into a s**t fight lol.
Thread is now locked.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3