Fordmods Logo

Engine woe's fixed, about time! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Engine woe's fixed, about time!
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII T5

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, a month or so back, i had a full rebuild of my engine, consisting of 9.6:1 compression, race pistons, full engine balance, and a few other novelties. $3000 later, she runs well, when she starts! a couple weeks after, when it was warm it wouldnt start, in mornings it would drip dew, mixed with a lot of black... and it would hunt every now and again on idle...

glad to see, today, the problem is fixed... seemed the dizzy that was fitted was a Single point injection model, while mines a MPFI... problem one...
second was the Temperature Sensor dying on me, and was causing the car to lean out, as if auto choke was always enabled.. and carbon escaping the exhaust was 7 to 9%, while it now sits at 0.5%... everything is now well

thought id post this in case someone has a simular trouble...

Edit: also, my mechanic dyno'd my car as a possible fault finder, 116rwkw @ 4500rpm.. not to bad for an otherwise standard motor

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:54 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

okay... update already... its doing it again!!! seems like it does this periodically, as in, one start, and it runs fine until the next time i start the car, in which, it may be a bad one, where the car lacks power and then wont start when warm afterwards, the next time, its all good again, plenty of power and runs great!!!

well back to the mechanics next week, more fault finding!

Post subject: ??
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1990 EA Spac

NSW, Australia

I know this is not directly connected to your prob, but I have a multipoint EA which when hot will not start until the third try. I thought that if it did not start first time I would cycle the ign off/on and then it would start 3rd time . Not so the engine had to be turned over 3 seperate times and it will start on the third time.
Just thought to mention this as it coincides with the bcm control over the ign. Maybe this might get you thinking in a different direction to fix your prob

Drive safe, arrive alive

EA Spak EL dash and interior, thermo's,BBM, EF head and cam, superlows,

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:15 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

sounds like an idea... moreso as an elimination process...
i recall trying to start it more than once every time this happens (which happens a fair bit), but with that in mind, next time it happens, ill make sure i try at least three times. it goes back in to the mechanics Tuesday, he now seems to think it could be the coil, but i have already replaced it, unless it was faulty. or it could be a crack in any connection or electrical component, as this could stop it from grounding, especially at higher heats... oh well, time will tell

Dave

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]