Fordmods Logo

Engine worries..UPDATE! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Okay ive got the number of the guy that is selling this engine and i will be talking to him sometime today.

Obviously ive got alot to ask him, can anyone think of a few major issues that needed to be sorted out before i go ahead and get this engine put in the XR6?

My concerns with it all are mainly to do with the computer, is it going to run well with the engine, is my tickford cam going to be good enough to put in the engine and also fuel usage. If i will be getting more than 14-15L/100kms than i might not go for it, but if it will run on LPG then thats fine.

Can anyone think of anything else i should query or ask? :?

Thanks

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Okay well this is the rundown of what happened today, i went and had a look at the engine basicaly as far as the head goes it has been ported and polished its got larger valves, but only minor, its better flowing than the tickford head but not heaps better. :roll: Also the head is still in its wrapping :)

Which means no problems with using the tickford cam and the factory computer. And it will run s**t better on LPG too. The bottom end has been balanced and is using brand new parts, and it has never been started since the upgrades.

So basically it has had alot more done to the bottom end over my engine.

So yeah, nothing else really i get a whole engine, minus a cam and head bolts, which i will be using AU ones and the same with the head gasket i have specifically asked them to use a AU metal gasket insted of the s**t acl things.

And yeah im looking at $1000 for the engine, so does that sound decent enough?

But yeah im about 80% positive about it atmo and i dont see any other alternative that will be better for a cheaper price.

What do you think?

Cheers

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Go for it, if it is all you have said you won't get that sort of work done for a $1000.00

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Cool, yeah im still not completely sure thou... I dunno the way the mechanic told me about it when he first mentioned it over the phone it sounded awesome but in actual reality its only decent and not what they built it up to be!

Thats my only issue. :roll:

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Okay so ive decided to get it! Its getting taken to the mechaincs possibly tonight but most likely tommorrow and its getting a new paint job too, not that it really needs it. And Hopefully it will be in and running/tunned by friday arvo.

Will let everyone know

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Sweet should be good!

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yep i hope it is too, it is cool as the engine im getting was already painted up in a nice black paint (heat proof of course) but its been unused for 2 years so the colour was dust! ran my finger across it and wow very nice paint job on it indeed. :)

Also im getting any unused parts from the car and im getting the Tickford Head sent back to me as well so i will have a spare head which only needs minor repairs and its a tickford one!

Might fix it later on down the track and sell it or something.

As for the price its cost me $1000 so far thats for the engine and heaps of parts to go along with it. And i still need a timing chain which is setting me back roughly $100. Plus all of the oil and coolant etc. But for that im only paying $1500 give or take.

Will let you all know how i go with the engine. It should go alot better than my old one. :)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2