Fordmods Logo

Enthusiast from US with some questions. 

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Enthusiast from US with some questions.
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:19 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang Gt

NSW, Australia

Was wondering about the falcon XR6. 2003-up.
1)Are normal tuneup parts readily available in US?
plugs, wires, oil filter, etc.
2)What is the numbering/lettering system for the falcon? what do they all mean?
3)What manual transmission comes in this vehicle?

Cobra 302:BBK CAI, TF Stage 1, TF HD valve springs, 1.6 RR, 1-5/8" shorties, sce copper, stage 8 fasteners, o/r h-pipe, 40 series dumped, 3 core rad. w/ dual electric fans, Dyna-mod, SN-95 19lbrs, Steeda tri-ax and clutch quad., FMS 3.55's, Strange 10-way all around, centerforce stage I.

Last edited by zidane45 on Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

mate ya prob best off going to fordxr6turbo.com to check up on that stuff, they are all nuts over there

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:16 am 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

hey mate,

i think normal consumables like oil/air filters you should be able to get over there pretty easily. other parts only common to falcons you'd have some difficulty getting tho.

I wouldnt have a clue what the model codes stand for, if anything. i think its more or less so people know what model exactly that your talking about. tho i could be completely off the mark there.

the BA xr6 falcons came with a 5spd manual. With the Mk2 update you could get a 6spd manual in the turbo, and a 5spd in the n/a model. These also both came with a 4spd auto with sport shift. The BF update bought the 6Spd auto as an option on xr6 and xr6 turbo. the n/a model was updated to the 6spd manual as standard.

Post subject: Re: Enthusiast from US with some questions.
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

zidane45 wrote:

Hey.

I doubt you'd be able to find "Ford XR6 parts" on the shelf over there, but pretty sure you'd be able to find something that fits. I'll have a dig around and see if i can get some information on plugs and filters for you... plug leads you can make yourself if worse comes to worse.

The nomenclature of the falcon models is fairly simple...

You have the "X" series which was from the 70's (maybe 60's?) through to the 80's... i.e. XA, XB, XC, XD, XE, XF. Then comes the "E" series which was from 1989 to 1998... i.e. EA, EB, ED, EF, EL.

Then there was the AU. Was never called the "A" series, as they only made the AU - although there was a series 1, 2 and 3.

We are currently in the "B" series which i think started in 2003. First was the BA, they did the BA "mark ii" and now we have the BF.

There has also been long wheelbase editions of the falcon - referred to as the fairlaine. For example, the EF falcon's long wheelbase equivalent was the NF fairlaine.

It's changed a fair bit over the years but now you have a few variants of the current model falcon...

The "XT"... which is the base model, little options. The "Futura" which has basic options, the "Fairmont" which is nicely optioned and i think there's a "Fairmont Ghia" which is optioned to the hilt.

The "Xr6" is a sports version of the base model - you get stuff like mags, bodykit etc. In previous models the XR6 used to get a horsepower increase over the based model, but not anymore. Altho you can now get an XR6 turbo... Also the "XR8" which is a sports model with a V8 engine.

We also have Ford Performance Vehicles... or FPV. These guys are like TRD is to Toyota, or like Nismo is to Nissan... they do a GT Falcon which has a 290kw 5.4L modular V8 (the XR8 has a 260kw version of this engine). Also now offering the F6 Typhoon which is a 270kw turbocharged 6 cylinder. Both the GT and the Typhoon are also available in ute form (think of a sports truck).

http://www.ford.com.au/

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx

http://www.fastlane.com.au/ford-history ... istory.htm

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Post subject: Re: Enthusiast from US with some questions.
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

zidane45 wrote:

plugs should be available..... they tend to have a generic equivalent
plug leads/wires..... not as readily available, though cut-to-fit is an option, i dont think theres anything too special about the leads
air/oil/fuel filter, etc..... same, there tend to be generic alternatives

what do you mean by the numbering/lettering system? you mean the model codes?

IIRC the 5 speed manual was a T5, the 6 speed manual was a T56

Banned

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

you cant make plug leads for a BA they are coil over plug type ignition

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

your better of getting a xr8 because thay are the same block as the ford150 and the new GT (the gt40 knock off) and the pistons and that are the same etc. but not sure about the heads and that.

but any way i sure you could always overnight s**t from oz if the car broke down.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:21 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

thanks for the help. I'm just looking around and getting more info. I graduate in december from college and hopefully will be out with no bills on my back. then i can start saving and getting serious about getting one. The numbering system i just meant like the different models and all, what feature/upgrades they describe. 4.9 EF futura explained it pretty well. I wasn't sure if some of the letters actually stood for anything.

Cobra 302:BBK CAI, TF Stage 1, TF HD valve springs, 1.6 RR, 1-5/8" shorties, sce copper, stage 8 fasteners, o/r h-pipe, 40 series dumped, 3 core rad. w/ dual electric fans, Dyna-mod, SN-95 19lbrs, Steeda tri-ax and clutch quad., FMS 3.55's, Strange 10-way all around, centerforce stage I.

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

hey man good to see your enthusiasm :P as far as your parts go you should be able to get them shipped into american ford outlets, might take a week tho thats all, failing that, ebay has a wealth of parts for you and they can be sent to your door step ;) oh and btw :P get a ba xr6 turbo :P they are an awsome car for modding :D

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:10 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

yeah. thanks.
I really want a silver one..haha.
is 2006 the first year for the T56 in them? If it is I might have to wait a couple years for prices to drop or just deal with the 5 speed. Maybe get a good deal on em since people want to upgrade over there. Cause I'm gonna have to pay to get it shipped to me to. Luckily I live 15 minutes from one of the largest ports in the world. So i can ngo picker up at the dock. I just Gotta find out about right hand drive cars in the US if there are any laws against it or special things you have to do. I know a guy just got a new skyline and I've also seen a right hand drive 300zx cruisin around town. I wanna get a XR6 and go eat 'em up.

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

thats da way get some australian muscle onto your yanky shores ;)

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Wait for next Falcon, lol. Aren't they going to make that exportable to places like the US?

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

zidane45 wrote:
yeah. thanks.
I really want a silver one..haha.
is 2006 the first year for the T56 in them?

it was the series 2 BA turbo that first got it i think.. some time in 2005 i think.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

The first thing they'll all ask you, 'What the F@ck is it?' then, 'where can i get one?' go for the turbo if you can, second fastest stock australian sedan, i think

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:28 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

I'm waiting on some shipment quotes for next year any day now. I wanna get the turbo and then do a stage 1 APS package on it. should be able to eat some rice with that and some D/R's.

What is the 98 Petro stuff that you guys have? Its says the stage II package and up requires it and stock to use 95. Our normal pumps have only 93 octane.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next