Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Exhaust hitting diff
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Hi all

My xr6 is on ultra lows, so cos the body is lower so is the exhaust, when I drive Over bumps as the diff moves up it hits the tail pipe and makes this annoying noise, I've grabbed My exhaust and it's not loose it's still sterdy , just wondering if anyone else has similar problems, I'm sure someone would have a 3" exhaust and on ultra or superlows, and do they have any problems with it hitting the diff?? Or Maybe my tail pipe needs more of a bend to clear the diff
Also mine is 2.5"

Cheers :)

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Post subject: Re: Exhaust hitting diff
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

i had a 2.5 mandrel bent on SL and it hit. i lifted the exhaust my self, better but still hit on massive bumps. so i took it to an exhaust joint and they heated it up and bent it so it hugged the body. all good now. had 5 people and a full tank of gas last Friday night and it only had the slightest rattle at idle. didn't hit the diff at all

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cheers for the help WILDEB, I'm getting extractors this weekend so I'll get that fixed. It's the most annoying noise mine rattles when it idles,

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
i had a 2.5 mandrel bent on SL and it hit. i lifted the exhaust my self, better but still hit on massive bumps. so i took it to an exhaust joint and they heated it up and bent it so it hugged the body. all good now. had 5 people and a full tank of gas last Friday night and it only had the slightest rattle at idle. didn't hit the diff at all

I'd be worried about the heat soak on the body coming through and possibly melting s**t on the other side with that set up...unless there is some sort of heat wrap around it to cool it down more.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Hi all

My xr6 is on ultra lows, so cos the body is lower so is the exhaust, when I drive Over bumps as the diff moves up it hits the tail pipe and makes this annoying noise, I've grabbed My exhaust and it's not loose it's still sterdy , just wondering if anyone else has similar problems, I'm sure someone would have a 3" exhaust and on ultra or superlows, and do they have any problems with it hitting the diff?? Or Maybe my tail pipe needs more of a bend to clear the diff
Also mine is 2.5"

hi who put it in for ya? when i put the end part on, i pulled the bend up as far as possible.
and havent had any problems with it

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Troy wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Hi all

Also mine is 2.5"

hi who put it in for ya? when i put the end part on, i pulled the bend up as far as possible.
and havent had any problems with it

An exhaust shop did it on my ef and it rattle over bumps then I put it on my xr6 and it rattles, the exhaust Is damaged from speed humps and is a little rusty, just after a short term fix then look into getting a new sports exhaust maybe stainless

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Explorer

NSW, Australia

just dump it at the diff

kangaroos and radiators are a bad mixture

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

NSW, Australia

mendyxr6 wrote:
just dump it at the diff

Problem solved LOL

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It was dumped at the diff and he(previous owner ) kept the tail pipe so it looked like it was connected, yeah I'll dump it, easiest way to stop the rattling

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

i had mine dumped at the diff. sounded horrible and vibrated the car. if it's a V8 it'll sound good though. and no heat wrap. she'll be right

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

When I brought the car it was dumped at the diff sounded good

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

QLD, Australia

my fairlane hits n i just deal with it :P does ur tailshaft like alil rub with a full car aswell? its all apart on being lowerd.. just have to deal with these things lol

now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

All sweet now I dumped it at the diff , sounds better and no noise, in my ef with my shift kit on full and a full car load the tail shaft would hit the top of the tunnel lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]