Fordmods Logo

Exhaust insurance 

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:20 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB 2

WA, Australia

When i first got my EB i was quoted roughly 1500 from memory for full comp, that was when i was 18, now im 20 an last quote was 1100, clean record. I said screw that, i only paid 5000 for the car, if its gonna cost 1500 a year and im gonna have to pay the first 800 or whatever the excess is anyway. Not worth it. i just drive carefull an hope other d**k cause any accidents i have

I hear voices and they don't like you.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Yeah they are good like that, I had a similar chat to Allianz a few weeks ago, seems if I wanted to out a body kit on my car, they wouldn't insure it. I said what the body kit, "no the whole car" "why's that" "beacuse if your putting a body kit on then the underwriters think you must be a hoon" I said but thats crazy i'm 42 years old" "doesn't matter". Turns out it ok if it factory fitted. So I said to them "so your telling me if I buy a XR6 or 8 then it ok, but if I fit a body kit even a XR one you wont insure me" "Yep"

Go figure!

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 AU II Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
It depends what type of insurance you have, what company, how old you are, your record, blah blah blah.
Basically, I'm insured full comp for $310 a year at 18 years old with mods. But my last two insurance company cut my contract, when i did mods to the car without first asking, and 6 insurance companies have told me they can't insure me and what not.

OMG DO YOU LIVE IN A ROCK OR SOMETHING!

310 A YEAR! IM PAYING A GRAND AND THOUGH THAT WAS MAD

ill give these fellas a go

Organza 2000 AU 2 Fairmont Ghia
4.0 VCT
JMM Race Series Exhaust
AWC TS50 Front bar
3.45 LSD

Coming soon:
G&D Airbox
CAPA Edit

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

Yeah twr7cx thats pretty incredible. It has to be the cheapest I ever heard for a girl of your age. Oops, scuse me. I mean boy 8-)

I had RAC for a couple of years but only because I liked RACV in Melbourne. Turns out RAC are friggin nuts. Those work experience kids have no idea. Besides the fact I was paying $480 a year which is alright. I had told them about my extractors and cat back exhaust. And when I asked them about it later on they had no idea about it. I went through it again with them but I swear they still haven't listed the mods on my policy. Because it doesn't appear on the mail out on the covers breakdown.
A year ago someone tried to break into my car. I made a claim, the assessor knocked back 90% of the damage I was claiming for, and the repair total ended up being about $318 dollars. My excess was $200. And my premiums were going to rise. I said I'd take car of it myself. And a year later, this week, I have a letter of cancellation. I rang them and they said basically that the cosmetic scratches make the car un-insurable. Nuts mate. After an argument and being put through to various departments, they said they needed to see the scratches and I was supposed to go for a 1 hour drive to have them inspect it. With todays fuel prices, forget it.

So I thought there a dangerous company to be insured by. They aren't going to really take any future claims seriously. And have made me furious for canceling for no reason.
I rang Aliens Insurance, I mean Allianz. Quote was going great, until I mentioned the extractors and exhaust. The prick had the nerve to call my car un-insurable. What a friggin insult. And I was back to square one.

Shannon's was my next port of call. And I am the proud father of a 9 year old EFII with a policy.
$610.15 a year which will be $50.10 a month.
This includes my after market tinted windows. Gotta mention the tint folks. And the extractors and exhaust. This also includes a free windscreen or side glass, 1 per year.
And get this. The $610.15 will now remain the same no matter what modification I now do to the car. It has been explained to me carefully, that this price is fixed, even if I put a stage 5 motor in it, and lower the hell out of it. Which is great as I going to do a few more things to the car.

Hows that. I know $610 is highish, but there are advantages there yeah... 8-)

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF II XR6

NSW, Australia

So far im betaing most of you hands down with my insurance. Ive got an XR6 with th ticky kit and 16" wheels and im paying $2337!!!! just car sed 3K and AAMI told me to get f**k.

Who needs an XR6 when you've got a corolla wagon :sad:

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Cosham wrote:
So far im betaing most of you hands down with my insurance. Ive got an XR6 with th ticky kit and 16" wheels and im paying $2337!!!! just car sed 3K and AAMI told me to get f**k.

Almost a quarter of the value of the car.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Falcon

NSW, Australia

figures... I hate those insurance company a**hole, they make out they're here to help but they target young people by dragging them into a false sense of security and then f**k you over when something bad happens and you gotta make a claim. I ended up getting a quote for $1300 for my stock manual EF with XR body kit and rims through NRMA and that was after being rejected from every other inurance company I could think of apart from GIO which quoted me $3600 which I in turn asked her how she could tell me that quote with a straight voice. A tip for young players, it has a lot to do with where you keep the car too, I kept it in Coogee, then kept it in the Blue Mtns and the price decreased by 500 bucks.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:42 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

yeah tell me about it, ah well i guess its the price you pay for owning your dream car at a young age :(

The thing that s**t me the most is that they lump all people my age into the same catorgory. If they actually took a look at the population, instead of just making sweeping generalisations, we wouldn't get f**k so hard. Not everyone who owns a XR is a hoon, and not everyone who owns a focus or astra or some other chick car is a responsible driver. I mean the government is willing to trust me with multi-million dollar hardware but insurance d**k take an arm and a leg just to own a decent car. ud think they could use more to differenticate between people than their age and how many fines/crashes they have. and i don't see how an XR should be a grand more to ensure than a stocky when its only 10 Kw more powerful.

ah well money makes the world go round and thats what the pricks want.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Cosham wrote:
yeah tell me about it, ah well i guess its the price you pay for owning your dream car at a young age :(

The thing that s**t me the most is that they lump all people my age into the same catorgory. If they actually took a look at the population, instead of just making sweeping generalisations, we wouldn't get f**k so hard. Not everyone who owns a XR is a hoon, and not everyone who owns a focus or astra or some other chick car is a responsible driver. I mean the government is willing to trust me with multi-million dollar hardware but insurance d**k take an arm and a leg just to own a decent car. ud think they could use more to differenticate between people than their age and how many fines/crashes they have. and i don't see how an XR should be a grand more to ensure than a stocky when its only 10 Kw more powerful.

ah well money makes the world go round and thats what the pricks want.

Actually it's you and I who live in the real world. And not some work experience kid behind a pc on a desk located somewhere off shore in India. Okay maybe a little too far.
We both know that young or old it's pretty much the same. Young. Maybe some are a little unpredictable behind the wheel, can plant it a bit, it's the showoff factor that can be very dangerous. I know, I was a kid once who liked to show off. But middle aged drivers can be as quirky. Some start to get wobbly on the road, start driving off center to one side. Veering around the place. Some have eye sight issues as they get older and you don't have to be older than 35 to get it.
The bottom line is we are all human prone to making mistakes. Unfortunately it's the statistics that are showing young drivers in more accidents at the moment.
Besides all that stuff. In the real world, where we are. You XR6 that costs more to insure than a stock EF Falcon. Has superior handling and is far more insurable as they say, than a stock Falcon. Streets ahead in safety as far as a stock Falcon's concerned. And that is what Shannon's and Just Car Insurance know. That's what is real. Keep it damn real I say..

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:51 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Cosham wrote:
I mean the government is willing to trust me with multi-million dollar hardware

Where do you work. I get to BUY multi-million dollar hardware :)

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:22 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Where do you work. I get to BUY multi-million dollar hardware

you know the answer to that one, the place where u get a a degree AND a short haircut. :wink:

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:43 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Still a cadet? I've been a civi for the last 'too many' years.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:51 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

No im a middy, hence me b**ch about spending $2.3K on insurance, ITS 10% OF MY f**k PAY!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:55 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

and you're only 23???? must have been a short stint in. :)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next