Fordmods Logo

Exhaust next week... what filter?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Exhaust next week... what filter??
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

hey guys am getting my pacies and redback exhaust fitted next week and am gunna grab a AUXR8 snorkel

what filter should i get and what price am i looking at?? BMC, K&N??

Thanx guys

AU Falcon Forte, Auto I6, 2.5" Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Genie Extractors, BMC Panel Filter, Race Shift Kit, XR8 Snorkel, King Spring Superlows, 17" ROH Mags, Pedders Shocks, Tinted Windows, Blue In-Car Neons, In-Car Bluetooth, Black XR Interior, Momo Steering Wheel, Clarion Premium Sound

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL FAIRMONT GHIA 97

WA, Australia

jsut go what every ha the K&N Filter lookign around $110 mark. somehwere around that, not an exact price.

cheers kyle

-------EL Fairmont Ghia with CUstome BA XR body kit-------

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

much of a muchness!! they are propably as good as each other - but everyone has their own tastes some prefer BMC with others K&N!! but both are over 110 mark in price!

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I ended up going and grabbing a BMC Panel Filter and an XR8 Snorkel from FORD - redback 2.5 mandrel exhaust is going on next saturday with pacie extractors and also an electronic shift kit from race shift

Cant wait to blow this guy with a vn around my area that gives me a flogging like a a*** everytime he pulls up near me - he wont no what went past him!!!!!

i actually took him once in my dads XT much to his disgust!!! :P teach him to mess with a ford

AU Falcon Forte, Auto I6, 2.5" Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Genie Extractors, BMC Panel Filter, Race Shift Kit, XR8 Snorkel, King Spring Superlows, 17" ROH Mags, Pedders Shocks, Tinted Windows, Blue In-Car Neons, In-Car Bluetooth, Black XR Interior, Momo Steering Wheel, Clarion Premium Sound

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

again, Uni-filter.......$65.00 to 75.00 dollars. flows 1% less then K&N but by far un-match filtration. you have the option of removing one of the forms if you wish, for better flow.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA

SA, Australia

I went for a Greenfilter, used in many rally and hi-performance euro cars (AMG's, M3/5's, 911's, etc). As mentioned above, excellent filtration (5 micron - don't want to kill yr engine for the extra 1 rwkw) and better flow than most other filters. Check out some of the euro forums for their opinions. Usually goes for around the same price as the K&N (approx $130)

JB

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:25 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

take off the air filter and slap on ur mums stocking :P thats the best way to go bout it HAHA

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:41 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Was just talking to a mate who works for a V8 Supercar team.

With BMC filters in the airbox, the pistons and bore look they've been hit with 60-grit wet & dry.

They used to run K&N but the corporate dollars overruled common sense and he was told to switch to BMC. :shock:

Regardless of the stickers on the bodyshell, you'll find more K&N Filters in Supercar airboxes than anything else. :wink:

Personally, I get a buzz out of torturing anything that comes with a million km warranty. :twisted:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]