Fordmods Logo

exhaust recommendation for el tickford fairmont ghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: exhaust recommendation for el tickford fairmont ghia
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 94 ford fairmont ghia tickford

VIC, Australia

what exhaust do yous recommend for my el fairmont ghia tickford, i want reasonable performance with a good noise and grunt?

Post subject: Re: exhaust recommendation for el tickford fairmont ghia
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

2.5" Cat back with Centre muffler and Hot dog at rear. High flow cat, though a good Ford stock cat still flows OK and they are 2.5" as well or score a Dunnydoor V8 Cat, they are flanged both ends and flow pretty well. Also fit a decent set of Extractors, brand is up to you, unless your have a lot of head work etc, they are going to be very similar in RwKw increase.

Don't expect masses of power increase or "Grunt" with this mod but it will improve the breathing of the engine and combined with some intake mods you will find some improvement.

Not sure about Vic Roads rule but don't think you guys are allowed any performance mods on P plates, it that is so make sure you get a heat shield or so to hide the extractors, also will save your Brake booster and throttle cables from the heat.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 94 ford fairmont ghia tickford

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
2.5" Cat back with Centre muffler and Hot dog at rear. High flow cat, though a good Ford stock cat still flows OK and they are 2.5" as well or score a Dunnydoor V8 Cat, they are flanged both ends and flow pretty well. Also fit a decent set of Extractors, brand is up to you, unless your have a lot of head work etc, they are going to be very similar in RwKw increase.

Don't expect masses of power increase or "Grunt" with this mod but it will improve the breathing of the engine and combined with some intake mods you will find some improvement.

Not sure about Vic Roads rule but don't think you guys are allowed any performance mods on P plates, it that is so make sure you get a heat shield or so to hide the extractors, also will save your Brake booster and throttle cables from the heat.

thanx for the advice, i was thinking 2.5 inch aswell but yeah, what do you reckon of a redback exhaust?

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:59 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Think bout it, the exhaust is one factor, the exhale. What about the inhaling? Car can only exhale what it inhales.

Man my words are dumb today, but ya know what i mean

Pretty much a car with asthma.

I have a 2.5" Lukey exhaust with 2 mufflers. The note is really nice in my opinion and it's not loud to attract unwanted attention, but definitely louder than stock. I have heard Lukey and Redback with both 2 mufflers and single muffler/resonator set up and prefer the Lukey exhaust...then again I don't like my car too loud.

Extractors is up to you, most people have Pacemakers without any problems. Have heard good things with Hitech (spelling may be wrong) headers.

High flow catalytic converters isn't necessary, but if your stock one is rooted, might as well get a new one...high flow or standard but with 2.5" flanges.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]