Fordmods Logo

Exhaust stinks 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Exhaust stinks
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

SA, Australia

Why? Why? Why? on my old LTD i had a 2 1/2 inch sportsy put on... i was told the smell would pass... some ppl say that the cat is wat causes the smell, but now on my stock EF i can smell the exhaust when i get outta the car after driving 30-40mins.. is there anything that can be done about this....it s**t me..

Im getting some PH4499s and 2 1/2 getting installed soon.

cheers

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:22 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

when was the exh put on ... i know for 8 weeks when i had a 2 1/2 sports put on it smelt like crap mixed with an oily smell as far as i was told by the guys that did it ... its just the crap they put on it and it can sit in the muffler untill its all burnt away ... but after i drive it hard i still get the smell .. there is not much u can do for it at the moment ... as as the stocky goes its a possablity it could be the cat or a sticker on the muffler or something burning on it ... what does it smell like ... unburnt fuel or the oily smell?

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

im unsure wat it really smells like i spose it could be a unburnt fuel, ive been running that eco unleaded s**t...i spose that may be the smell. but normally if its the cat isnt it more like a eggy smell?

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:57 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

i found depending on what petrol u use depends on the smell like if i use shell it smells like the beach big time .. but if use bp unleaded its ok i can smeel much except the rich smell of fuel after driving it hard .. there is 2 was that i know of for sure that will tell you that the cat is sh!t itself ..
1) get under the car and hit the cat with your palm and see if it rattles .. if it rattles then you know that your up for a new one ..
And the second can be a series of problems .... and thats stand out side the car and give the car a few not hard revs but descent and see if it blows black smoke .. if it does it can be
1) cat
2) leaking injectors <-- only if car smell rich all the time
3) oxy sensor
mate there could be more i am only going off what ive done in the passed to rectify things to fix them .. but it also could be something else .. but honestly if the car itself is running fine and the car isnt going throught tho much petrol then i wouldnt be to overly concerned but try what i have said and maybe do a self diagnostic if you know how to ..

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

sorry dude i hope you can understand .. i am not feeling the best today and my spelling is totlly not the best .. my apologies mate

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

haha all good mate...your spelling is better than some peoples..thanks for your help... not using any more fuel than normal...she running good.. i guess ill just keep an eye on the cat.. cheers again

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

no probs mate .. glad to help .. take care

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

You could've also had something burn to your exhaust. I had a plastic bag burn on my work ute;s muffler. Absolutely stunk for weeks.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]