Fordmods Logo

exhaust upgrade 

Page 2 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ea 5 spd

SA, Australia

ok cheerz!! im after alround power though im just after figures so would a 3in b better??????????

mods: pacemaker extractors, 2.5in red back ,lowered with pedders 17" rims, extreme h/d ceramic clutch, 3.45 ef lsd, and rear brakes, clear indicators, ef thermo's, stage 2 crow (daily)

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

according to your sig, the only mod you have is a cam and you want to run a 3" exhaust.

a 2.5" will flow more than enough for nearly any n/a 4 or 6cyl and quite a few 8's.

you ask a question. people tell you the answer but its not the one you want to hear so you keep going.

ring around and ask some non biased professionals and i garauntee they will have the same basic answers.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

no its not 4 that car thats my daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mods: pacemaker extractors, 2.5in red back ,lowered with pedders 17" rims, extreme h/d ceramic clutch, 3.45 ef lsd, and rear brakes, clear indicators, ef thermo's, stage 2 crow (daily)

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

THEN WHATS IT FOR?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Might be smart to tell us what other mods it has - you said a na 4L with a shot of N2O - how do we know its not a stocker or the one in your sig?

damn it sucks to be right.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

ya u wish u were rite u tool!!!!!

ea_5_spd wrote:
hey all,

just wondering wat max figure i would b able 2 get with the followin set up

basicly it has a rebuilt ballanced 3.9l bottom end with acl rings and bearings etc, the head started as a ef xr6 and has been extensively ported to my specs.
im currently running an Ivan Tighe drag/nitrous cam. 292deg duration, .542''lift
custom machined rocker gear to suit with hi rev lifters
ported bb manifold with enlarged runners etc
compression is about 8-1

on top of this sits the custom built direct port nitrous system running 20thou jets at the moment for aprox 180hp shot, hiflow fuel pump and rr fuel pressure reg and flowed injectors feed the fire.

im running an ems stinger ecu wich is doin a great job for now.

power gets fed to an eb t5 through a custom built 9.5'' skyline gtr/landcruiser hybrid ceramic clutch built by adelaide clutch services.
intake is the usual jmm style foam pod in airbox and 3in piping etc
exhaust starts as tuned length 6-3-1 saloon car pacemakers into a mandrel bent 2.5'' straight thru sytem. also have ef thermos which r controlled by the stinger!

im thinkin of puttin a 3in from extractors back as well!! + a set of 42lbs ford motorsport injectors! sould i consider a 6 throttle body manifold???? as this is not my daily so driveability doesnt matter i just wont big power!

here's the specs so now give me a real answer not a heap of s**t about 1.8's not needin a 3"!!!!
all input welcome cheerz kenny

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

just run no exhaust.... :P

ppl are offering their advice.. and you don't seem to wanna hear it... granted some comments could be put forward with a little more tact... but so goes the way of the forum....

btw.. running no exhaust is not a serious comment

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

lol ya point taken but if ppls didnt have any idea y did thay post it b like me postin about mods 2 a v8 i have no knowledge!

its like ppls sayin a 2.5" is all u ever will need on a 4.0l

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Thats exactally what people are saying as you dont need some over sized heap of s**t hanging of the back of you car that sounds like a MAC TRUCK coming down the street unless you are making extremely big power so insted of being a w****r why dont you tell use what car this is going on and what modifications the car has.

Cheers Josh

P.S. Learn to type in full as it is a pain in the a** to try and decrypt our young slang and sureley if im able to do it you can.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 96' EF Falcon Futura

WA, Australia

BeastyEF wrote:
Thats exactally what people are saying as you dont need some over sized heap of s**t hanging of the back of you car that sounds like a MAC TRUCK coming down the street unless you are making extremely big power so insted of being a w****r why dont you tell use what car this is going on and what modifications the car has.

Cheers Josh

P.S. Learn to type in full as it is a pain in the a** to try and decrypt our young slang and sureley if im able to do it you can.
Your catching on!
Brilliant!

As for the exhaust guy, are you starting to get the idea that 2.5" is what you need, or does everyone on the forum have to come and post?

I made a signature but I ated it.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Yeah i do try and as for the exhaust guy go an put the 3" exhaust on your car (if it will fit) and see for yourself.

Cheers Josh

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

Look mate if you think your 2.5" is not up to the mark by all means take it off send it to me, and place a 3" to 4" systems on.
A simple way to find if your 2.5" is too small is to work out the flow volume of your exhaust manifold,
you also should take into account the flow volume of your inlet manifold, as out put would not be much greater than the input.
Unless you have a extreamely ported head with majour modifications to both inlet and exhaust manifolds + throttle body ect a 2.5" system should be more than enough.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

no 1 still has answered my question
!! what power figure is a 2.5" exaust not effeciant?????????

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA fairmont, 4.0litre el xr6 eng

VIC, Australia

ok you want a 3" exhaust on your car put it on.... to need a 3 " exhaust though you need to be making some nice figures so its more a a need vs a want here... also keep in mind that with output you need input so make sure you got enough air comming in. and for your question the figure is 330rwkw + and then it gets updated to a twin system rather then a 3"

I live my life qtr mile at a time :P

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:14 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ea_5_spd wrote:
no 1 still has answered my question
!! what power figure is a 2.5" exaust not effeciant?????????

Whatever you do is a compromise, 2.5" might be too small for when its on the gas, 3" might trade off for low down torque loss off the gas.
I'd lean towards the 3" though, if all it is for is quarter mile times.
F**k the lowdown torque loss, give it a bigger hit of N20 to make up for it :)

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

cheerz man thats all i wonted 2 know!!!!

thats good just means more money 2 spend else were!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next