Exhausts in Adelaide. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Exhausts in Adelaide.
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 03 BA XR6

VIC, Australia

I'm a new member here, just have a couple of quick questions,

I'm in Adelaide, and have a EL Futura (Auto eek), and looking to upgrade the exhaust setup on the car, at present the plan is a set of 4480 Pacies, a Lukey 2.5", High Flow Cat.

My questions are as follows:
1) any recommendations as to a place to have it done, workshops you guys have had a positive experience with, and know to do good work.

2) what is a reasonable cost for what im after - ie whats the median range? (so i know if they are trying to rip me off)

3) overall are there any workshops/mechanics in adelaide...not specifically for exhausts, but for anything mechanical in general that you recommend staying away from?

Cheers.

2003 BA Ford Falcon XR6 | BF Typhoon Intake + K&N Filter | Lukey 2.5" catback zorst | More mods coming soon....

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

I went down a different path by not choosing Paceys but Advance Headers and a high flow cat and a couple of berklees with a 2.5" system by Fischer performance on Muller Rd Hampstead Gdns for a low deep rumble but one that wouldnt resonate in the cabin for under $1000.00 including a stainless steel heat shield and I an really happy, in fact the rumble has got deeper with time, they said it would at Fischer performance, Im happy with it.

Its not mandrel bent but its not at the extreme end of performance so loosing some internal diameter on the pipe isn't crucial, also if you look at mandrel bends being as sharp as they are your exhaust gas flow can be restricted a little by those sharp bends in my opinion.

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:04 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

I got Pacemaker PH4480's, Redback 2.5" High Flow Cat, Redback 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust (without resonator), stainless steel tip and a new oxygen sensor for about a grand at a place on the central coast.

You should be VERY happy with the setup you are after, similar to mine. Doesn't drone and will absolutely scream at you when under it.

Shouldn't be anything to really worry about in regards to shops, just stay away from the ones trying to tell you what you are after - you get what YOU want mate.

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

I got mine done in 2 stages.

Redback cat back system (1 muffler) installed $270 i think, was an on the spot job so i paid a bit more. This was done at silver spanner on MNR.

I then had 4480's Redback Cat and twin chrome 2.5" tips installed at Profix Modbury $480.

Soo many idiots. So few bullets

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 03 BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Cheers Guys

2003 BA Ford Falcon XR6 | BF Typhoon Intake + K&N Filter | Lukey 2.5" catback zorst | More mods coming soon....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]